Law School Discussion

Feedback from Penn State student attorney

Re: Feedback from Penn State student attorney
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 07:03:59 AM »
A Penn State employee or professor has bias and interest in the dual campus system (who isn't going to root for their school?), so his comments don't surprise me.

I'll respond directly to his argument:

I don't disagree with anything you said. Regardless of clinical opportunities I wouldn't want to live in Carlisle, even for one year.  I was merely passing information along.  However, it should be noted that the PSU attorney/professor who stated this works for Penn State at the main campus, not Dickinson.  So you would think his bias would be skewed in favor of moving the law school entirely here. 

Maybe they will end up going with some combination of autonomy and feeder-system between the two campuses.  That's how the Penn State undergrad system works now with most of their 17 branch campuses.  The majority of freshman start out at one of these smaller branch campuses throughout the state with the option or requirement of transferring to main campus for their junior/senior years, depending upon their major.  In the past 5 years more branch campuses have expanded to offer their own degrees so it's now possible to spend all 4 years at a branch campus. It's also possible to get into main campus as a freshman and spend all 4 years here.   

Re: Feedback from Penn State student attorney
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 09:53:07 AM »
That's what I did.  All 4 years at Penn State York!!  I haven't set foot on main campus since 1995 when I went to a football game. 

As for the dual campus, maybe it will end up more autonomous like Widener-PA and Widener-DE