Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Washington University without $$ Vs Univ. of Missouri-Columbia with $$  (Read 337 times)

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm wondering whether to attend the University of Missouri Columbia with scholarship money or to attend Washington University St. Louis without schloarship aid.

I plan to stay in St. Louis after graduation, so does it really make sense to got into deep debt just for the Wash U name recognition?

Coconut

• Believe it or not, she wanted me to do it!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=coconutastic
Re: Washington University without $$ Vs Univ. of Missouri-Columbia with $$
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 01:01:42 AM »
what are your numbers?

WUSTL is just now sending out fin aid. I got accepted in November and just now heard back from the adcomms about $$.

so just because you haven't gotten any money yet doesnt mean that you won't get any.

In general, I say go for WUSTL over Missouri-Columbia if you're staying in the STL area, simply because it'll be easier to get a job in stl with the washu name. At least thats what my fathers friends have told me (he has a couple of friends who are managing partners in pretty big stl firms).
167/3.83
Math at BigTen (UofI)

Lovin': WUSTL, Vandy, ND $, W&M $, UIUC $, Tulane $, Cornell

Hatin': GULC, Chicago (got put on hold, i assume that's the Chicago way of rejection, stringing me on like so many women have before. . .)

Stressin': Hahvahd, Yale, Michigan, Duke,  Northwestern