Law School Discussion

$ from SMU

where2g0

$ from SMU
« on: February 23, 2005, 03:24:33 PM »
Accepted at SMU early decision.  Has anyone else heard from SMU regarding Scholarships? 

ellie

• The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
Re: $ from SMU
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:26:37 PM »
I got my letter in late January like the 27th or so so and I still haven't heard a thing on money.  Don't know if that means I'm not getting any or if they just haven't gotten around to it yet?  Did you apply for the Sumners -- if so you find out if you reach the interview process before March 11-12 because that's when the interviews are.

limonjello

• Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »
I don't know about other scholarships, but if you figure that Sumners apps did not have to be in until Feb. 15, I wouldn't expect info on it for anyone until about now at the very earliest.  Making it hard to plan around any travel for the interviews on late notice, though. :-\

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 09:01:09 PM »
I just want to get in...  :'(

where2g0

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:22:03 PM »
I got a letter today saying I got a $22k scholarship (got accepted last month). Can't tell you anymore than that because the letter went to my parents house in Dallas. But I'll be withdrawing so one of you can have my money!
[/quote

Thanks!!  Although, my numbers compared to yours, I am not going to be counting on that kind of money, but I hope to get a little. 

Where are you going to attend?

slick

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 08:25:03 AM »
I also got a letter yesterday with my scholarship info from SMU ($18k).  I will also be withdrawing as I have already decided to go to UT.  Hopefully they will pass my money on to any of you guys who are planning on attending SMU.

slick

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »
I also got a letter yesterday with my scholarship info from SMU ($18k).  I will also be withdrawing as I have already decided to go to UT.  Hopefully they will pass my money on to any of you guys who are planning on attending SMU.

Slick, do you mind sharing your numbers.  Also, was that $18k per year or total for all three years.  Thanks....

My numbers are: 164/3.83.  It was 18k per year renewable based on meeting certain standards.  I don't remember what they were exactly.  I think it's called the Dean's Scholarship or something like that.

where2g0

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 08:37:19 AM »

Slick, do you mind sharing your numbers.  Also, was that $18k per year or total for all three years.  Thanks....

My numbers are: 164/3.83.  It was 18k per year renewable based on meeting certain standards.  I don't remember what they were exactly.  I think it's called the Dean's Scholarship or something like that.

Thanks, and congratulations.  Good luck at UT!

MaroonOut2005

• Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 10:04:41 AM »
bump