Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: a Chinese applicant asking for advice  (Read 1839 times)

helen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
a Chinese applicant asking for advice
« on: November 21, 2002, 03:57:23 PM »
Hello, everyone. I just found this discussion and quite like it.
I am a Chinese applicant. My undergraduate is English major. I am now in the second year of my post-graduate program, which is inter-cultural studies with a focus on Sino-occidental aesthetics and poetics. I havenít really done anything related with law. My undergraduate GPA is 3.5 and LSAT 163 (Dec 2nd, 2001). Now I plan to apply for Boston University Law school, UCLA law school and USC law school for the 2003-2004 semester. However, it is said that University of Southern California is too expensive to afford and the scholarship is only enough to cover a third of the tuition. Is that true? What are my chances to get into these three schools? Any suggestions on the possible choices for me?
As a Chinese, I find it very hard to find out information and guidance on law school application, which are relevant to me. Does anyone know relevant sources on line? Thank you very much.
:)

ruskiegirl

Re: a Chinese applicant asking for advice
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 01:48:10 PM »
You have fairly solid numbers, but I am not sure they are high enough to guarantee admission into the schools you listed. I would encourage you to make sure that all other portions of your application are strong. I am under the impression that being Asian will not help you establish much of a minority status in California, while it could help at schools like BYU. I am definitely not here to discourage you, so please apply.

hollywoodude

• View Profile
Re: a Chinese applicant asking for advice
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 04:49:25 PM »
you're a foreign student and that is as attractive as any minority group.