Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visiting Widener  (Read 1370 times)

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
Visiting Widener
« on: February 23, 2005, 03:28:31 PM »
I'm sure someone has asked this about some school, but I can't seem to find it, so forgive me for the repeat.
I'm visiting widener on friday.  I'm pretty sure it's where I'm going to go, but I am still considering some other options, and I'm on a waitlist, that if I get off of, I'd go there instead.  What should I ask?  Or want to see?  I sent a housing deposit, so the dorms are high on the list, and I expect to spend tons of time in the library so I want to poke around there.  I was hoping to have lunch in the cafeteria and talk to some students, or at least overhear some gossip.  And of course I'm meeting with someone from admissions and sitting in on a class.  Am I missing something important?  Any idea?  Thanks.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: Visiting Widener
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 10:51:36 PM »
Good luck with the visit. Let us know what you think about the school after the visit. I am still waiting to hear from Widener.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

Babalaco

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babalaco
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 02:03:30 AM »
Are you visiting Harrisburg or Wilmington?

jorge302

• AOL Instant Messenger - jorge302
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 02:11:22 AM »
that's pretty much all u can do. i visited a couple weeks ago.  theyll give u all kinds of packets about everything that cover just about everything youll need to know, but if there is anything u forget to cover on your visit, their admissions office is quick to respond to questions by email or over the phone.  im sendin in my dorm deposit tomorrow, so maybe ill see ya down there next year.

twarga

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »
You'll like the little campus.  I did.  I'm sending my dorm deposit next week, and barring acceptance to an ivy, I'll see you there.

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 09:16:39 AM »
What is the rush on the sending in the dorm deposit? Will I be screwed out of a place to live if I dont send it in ASAP?

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 10:19:44 AM »
Sorry...  i'm talking about wilmington.
I kind of thought the housing info they sent out implied a need to rush, but I don't think there was a deadline.  Maybe we're jumping the gun, but the dorms are so much cheaper than an apartment I felt like getting the deposit out right away was worth it.
I went up and looked at the campus on a sunday, just out of curiousity and really liked it.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in action tomorrow.
See you next year newbie  ;)

twarga

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 12:14:57 PM »
What is the rush on the sending in the dorm deposit? Will I be screwed out of a place to live if I dont send it in ASAP?

For a small fee you can sleep on my floor.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 12:16:04 PM »
How small a fee are we talking? Is this good for anyone or just people attending Widener? Get back to me with details...

twarga

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 12:20:19 PM »
How small a fee are we talking? Is this good for anyone or just people attending Widener? Get back to me with details...

It's never going to happen for us, Lane, no matter how badly we want it to.  It's the whole "Guam/chalupa" thing.  I'm more of a chinese take-out kinda gal.