Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is anyone going to the University of Wisconsin  (Read 2544 times)

sclclimber

• View Profile
Is anyone going to the University of Wisconsin
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:54:03 AM »
just accepted yesterday.  plan on attending meet and greet April 8-9.  anyone decided on this school or leaning toward it.  just curious

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone going to the University of Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »
I have to ask...numbers?  How long did the decision take after completion?
Fed gov't atty

sclclimber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 11:06:27 AM »
linquest

numbers 156, ugpa 3.0, graduating institution gpa 3.33, major gpa 3.7, final 3 years gpa, 3.6
also had tons of WE and extracurriculars:  interened with a Member of Parliament, British House of Commons, Teach for America corps member, etc.  I applied January 6, heard back yesterday.  Will attend if I can finance it or if I can recieve grant or scholarship $

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 12:09:52 PM »
Congrats, sclclimber!  But I have to add: UGH!  My numbers are higher than yours and I was deferred last week.  Are you in-state?

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 02:22:36 PM »
sclclimber -

Wow, Congratulations!  My numbers are very similar to yours.  Thanks for giving me hope that UW really does weigh those soft factors :)
Fed gov't atty

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »
I'm currently seriously considering going there. I think I'm going to try to make it to the thing in April. 

I'm really anxious to hear about money though. That whole "out of state is 3 times as much as in-state... while the state of Wisc is really picky about establishing residency" thing is a little worrisome.
Attending: Wisconsin

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 01:20:52 AM »
unicorn,

I didn't receive any offer (yet) either, but that doesn't mean it won't happen! I don't know of anyone yet that has received merit aid in the mail.. I'm hoping they start awarding soon. I'll be going in March as well!
Hello Wisconsin!

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 07:52:23 AM »
I am possibly going to UW.  I am sort of ticked at them that they didn't give me a scholarship.  I am going to that meet and greet thing the first week of March for the free food (maybe I should go in April for free food too).

I did not get a scholarship either: UW undergrad math and philosophy, 3.65/173, in-state. I love madison so I would consider it if they gave me a good offer. I have the highest index number of all applicants on LSN and I have not recieved even an invitation to apply for a scholarship. So either I am getting a major snub, or they haven't sent out the merit stuff yet.

I will be at the admit days. My motto: Let their food be my scholarship :) .

PS: I live in madison. If you have any questions about whatever let me know. Also, I am good friends with a 2L.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

Taz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 04:53:31 PM »
Wisconson has a general application for their scholarship on their law school website.  I got a letter inviting me to apply for it a week after I filled out the online application.  I dont know when it is due.  For me, my acceptace was really fast.  I was complete only a week and a half ago (I applied in december, but forgot to send the signature page and $$$ and didnt send it until a week after the deadline), and found out two days ago that I got in.
Attending Boston University (w/15K a year)
waitlisted: Columbia, Cornell

LaneSwerver

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 04:56:23 PM »
interened with a Member of Parliament, British House of Commons

Pretty cool internship. Did he write a LOR for you?