Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone dinged at W&M yet?  (Read 969 times)

othius

• View Profile
Anyone dinged at W&M yet?
« on: February 23, 2005, 02:08:01 AM »
So... anyone? Just curious. I expect to be since I'm a long, long-shot. Wondering if anyone's heard.

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone dinged at W&M yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 09:47:35 AM »
I'm expecting my rejection letter to come at the end of Marh with everyone else's. They alays send out their rejections in the last 2 weeks of March according to their admissions staff. Since they are being compete LSAT whores this year (hard cutoff at 164 for 99% of th cases), I fear that I'm a lost cause.  >:(

jessesamuel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 11:28:21 AM »
Hey, NerfHerder. Where did you hear about the 164 cutoff? Do you know anything else?

NeverForever

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 12:17:17 PM »
Their numbers on LSN seem really high, I feel like they have to start accepting some applicant with lower index numbers sooner or later... unless they are confident they can significantly increase their median numbers. According to USNews, their 25/75 LSAT numbers are 161/165.

Dano

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 12:26:26 PM »
Their numbers on LSN seem really high, I feel like they have to start accepting some applicant with lower index numbers sooner or later... unless they are confident they can significantly increase their median numbers. According to USNews, their 25/75 LSAT numbers are 161/165.

Yeah, the average admittance is 3.64/168 so far on LSN.  WOW!  That is higher than Duke's or UVA's overall numbers. 

Just a guess ... they may have to come down to planet earth soon.

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »
Hey, NerfHerder. Where did you hear about the 164 cutoff? Do you know anything else?

OK - most of my data is anecdotal (LSN shows only 3 people accepted with LSAT under 164) but I did talk with the dean there an was told that 164 was a "very important number" to them. What this means is open to interpretation but I take it to mean that W&M is trying to raise their median numbers and is planning on being less lenient with acceptances this year.

jessesamuel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »
didn't they send out masive amounts of fee waivers? that plus their higher lsat standards may equal a rise in the rankings next year. but i agree that they're going to crash with reality in the next few weeks. i hope that means i get in!

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 05:43:52 PM »
With your 164, I think that you have a GREAT chance! The fee waivers will certainly result in more applicants, many of which will not go if accepted (from what I've heard from some of those people). This may require W&M to dip into the pool of sub-164 applicants and pull a few out.

josephschmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 07:25:15 PM »
I'm surprised by the hard cutoff that you're all mentioning. I was accepted into W&M 3 years ago with an LSAT score several points below the median, and I know other classmates were as well. Never thought W&M would turn into an LSAT whore, but there it is.

lizo27

• GPA: 4.0 LSAT:164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 07:27:42 PM »
I got in w/ a fellowship with a 164. So you're probably okay with that LSAT.
Attending:NOTRE DAME!!!
Accepted: Ave Maria, Baylor, William&Mary,
Denied: none
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lizo27