Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hello? Loyola LA, is anybody home?  (Read 1931 times)

puma

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile

puma

Re: Hello? Loyola LA, is anybody home?
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 05:39:32 PM »
Loyola (CA - Happy, Puma?) sure is draggin it's feet.

Thank you, Short!  Score another for precision!  And I apologize for not noticing this before my other post.

EDIT: My apologies again..

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 09:38:50 PM »
Scurvy,

You have low numbers for Loyola, so it takes longer to hear back. Your complete date is irrelevant...you could've been complete last June and you still wouldn't have heard back until at least February 1st. I understand you wanting to have some certainty on where you'll be next year, but Loyola never promised you anything other than a decision by May.

I still want to hear and I feel that I deserve to hear before May. If Houston is equally ranked and I had an equal chance of acceptance but they could make a decision, why can't Loyola? Plus, the Director of Admissions practically begged me to apply, so, I do feel like they should be on the ball after pursuing me. Better schools have had the courtesy to make decisions in a reasonable time frame and I hold Loyola to those same standards. Four months is plenty of time for even borderline applicants.

I don't find hard-to-get attractive in relationships or law schools.

Are we there yet?

• Sr. Citizen
  • We should all do our part...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 10:34:59 PM »
Scurvy,

You have low numbers for Loyola, so it takes longer to hear back. Your complete date is irrelevant...you could've been complete last June and you still wouldn't have heard back until at least February 1st. I understand you wanting to have some certainty on where you'll be next year, but Loyola never promised you anything other than a decision by May.

I still want to hear and I feel that I deserve to hear before May. If Houston is equally ranked and I had an equal chance of acceptance but they could make a decision, why can't Loyola? Plus, the Director of Admissions practically begged me to apply, so, I do feel like they should be on the ball after pursuing me. Better schools have had the courtesy to make decisions in a reasonable time frame and I hold Loyola to those same standards. Four months is plenty of time for even borderline applicants.

I don't find hard-to-get attractive in relationships or law schools.

Houston is equally ranked, but rankings hold little bearing on admissions timelines. Here in LA the big schools haven't done much...a comparison among the LA schools is more appropriate than between U of H and Loyola L.A..

The admissions dean begs everyone to apply...app fees pay his salary.

Those better schools that made decisions...were you admitted?

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 10:57:36 PM »

Those better schools that made decisions...were you admitted?

Nope and I don't think I care anymore if I am. I just want a damn decision, any decision. A rejection would be great, then I can accept Houston without thinking "what if"? I want closure more than I want an acceptance.

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 11:14:17 PM »
Loyola (CA - Happy, Puma?) sure is draggin it's feet.

Thank you, Short!  Score another for precision!  And I apologize for not noticing this before my other post.

EDIT: My apologies again..

No problem puma.
Glad to help your cause.

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 11:33:01 PM »
My application to Loyola (L.A.) was sent in late October, and was complete by early December.  No word yet, though I don't hold out much hope of being accepted.  Since I received a full-ride to another So Cal school, I believe I'll just withdraw my application to Loyola on March 1st. 

If you look at Loyola's LSN profile for the 2003-2004 admissions cycle, the first rejections rolled out at the end of February, with most arriving in April or later.  Considering many schools require a seat deposit by early or mid-April, Loyola can suck my left teet.

On a similar note, Nova Southeastern in Florida informed me that they would send out no decisions (acceptances or rejections) until mid-March.  March?!  If Harvard can begin sending out decisions to its top applicants in January, why can't a 4th tier school like Nova do the same?   
"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." - Justice Robert Jackson

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2005, 02:33:24 AM »
I applied to Loyola around Thanksgiving and only just heard last Saturday, so yours may be coming soon.  My names is at the end of the alphabet and I've been hearing from a lot of schools later than everyone else, but luckily that doesn't seemed to have affect my acceptances or scholarship offers.  So don't give up hope yet.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2005, 11:56:56 AM »
I wouldn't withdraw your app. You paid the app fee so let them spend their time and energy reviewing your file. It's a passive-aggressive way to get back at them for taking FOREVER! But again, if they're this bad notifing people about admission, it makes me wonder how responsive their career services dept is. A school like Miami that has been on the ball and sends me correspondence and updates on a weekly basis and gave me cash - now that's impressive.