Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory Visit  (Read 617 times)

AtticusFinch

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - randrewfree@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Emory Visit
« on: February 22, 2005, 10:14:38 PM »
I found my visit to Emory rather helpful in making a decision regarding whether to attend if and when Iím accepted.  So for those of you who are interested in the school but canít get there for a visit, and, as it were, for anyone else, Iíve put together the following comments based upon my visit. 

You can find a complete version of this review on my blog at:
http://www.sinequanonsense.blogspot.com

...Iíd been to the campus a number of times, and like most who see it, I was pretty impressed with the beauty of the place.  This was my first time, however, inside the Law School. The contrast between what you see outside and whatís going inside is significant...

...Three words: no wireless internet... 

...The library was actually quite sweet.  Being a bibliophile myself, the merits of that section of the building are far more important to me than any cloud-colored classroom...

...Many people there told me that Briarcliff Rd. is where most of the students rent, so I went to check that out...

...In sum, Emory Law School has a relatively cool vibe but lacks in some areas that are important to me. Iím going to try to find out more in the coming weeks about some programs in which Iím interested, so feel free to communicate with me in the mean time with any questions.

AF

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
Re: Emory Visit
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 01:17:44 AM »
This was extremely helpful!  Thanks, Atticus!

Great name, btw - LOVE TKaM
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14

AtticusFinch

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - randrewfree@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »
Glad to hear it helped.  Let me know if I can answer anything specific.

AF

waitingsucks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:30:37 PM »
Recently visited emory as well. Overall, i had a favorable impression. Atlanta is nice, the Druid hills area seems fine as well. The law school is kindof ugly from the outside, but the inside isn't bad. Problem: the classrooms have no windows. No wireless internet as well, but according to the asst dean for admissions the money has been set aside to have the place wireless by the fall. Could be a load of bs, but she seemed to think it would happen. Overall, the building was slightly dated, but fine. The library, however, was new, open, bright, and very nice etc.

Sat in on a Con Law class, and thought it was interesting. The prof seemed like a decent teacher, and the students I talked to in that class seemed to like it. Talked with a few other students, who said it was definitely competitive and had a tough workload, but overall quality of life was not terrible for being a 1l.

Overall impression after visiting: I feel I could go to Emory, and have a good experience. Its not my first choice, but if I end up there, I feel I would be fine. I would def. recommend visiting though, everyone forms his/her own opinions.

Hope this helps!

RobinHood

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »
That was absolutely superb...From a fellow teacher and soon-to-be lawyer, thanks and good luck!
Ready or not...
Here I Come: Tulane (w/$$)/SMU (w/$$)/American/Georgetown
Still Hiding: GW/Vandy
Can't Find: UVA/UT
Go Home:AU/GMU