Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: R.M is such a RACIST!  (Read 3735 times)

Regal_Muse

R.M is such a RACIST!
« on: February 22, 2005, 08:29:28 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,19836.560.html

I was just informed of this little thread. HOW funny My mother has always said that if people constantly talking about you, something must be right. Evidently Iíve gotten under enough peopleís skin for them to carry on conversations about me in other threads and/or PMs.

Mari when did start having beef with my elitist point of views? How about keeping my name out of your mouth for now on okay? People like you make me want to law school to be all about a numbers game. Your soft factors don't mean a damn thing b/c everyone has a "good story" to tell. Please people, if you have problems with my views, feel free to PM me. I shouldn't have to find out I'm having ish talked about me in another thread.

Some facts about RM
1. No I'm not racist. I take the opportunity to hate everyone equally. Making fun of white people just gets old you know?
2. My views aren't elitist, just different. Just b/c I didn't grow up dirt poor doesn't make me a bad person or an elitist. I just have a different life experiences.
3. I think yield protection is BS. Of course I'm annoyed when someone with lower numbers gets into a school and I'm rejected or waitlisted WHO WOULDN'T BE? I canít control certain emotions. I feel angry or insulted by Boaltís rejected then so be it. Maybe people have such a huge problem with my opinions b/c Iím not part of the little LSD club of a$$ kissers.
4. You if you don't like me, get over it because at the end of the day I don't care about you or your existence. I'm pretty open to speaking with people. From what I heard Iím a pretty cool person to know. Nevertheless, anyone wants to talk crap behind my back, go right ahead. Just goes to show how much of a coward you are.
5. Last but not least, I will not tolerate myself or my ďpeopleĒ being disrespected. I found that even the most educated individuals are also the most ignorant. One would assume that if you post on a BLSD you would have some understanding on how to address sensitive issues.  Making a generalization about black women is just as insulting as my derogatory remarks about Mexicans.

1LWhit

Re: R.M is such a RACIST!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 08:44:35 PM »
Will I find herr "generalization" in the Women's thread??? 

Regal_Muse

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 08:45:44 PM »
Uh not sure anymore. The moderators have been playing the deleting game. Who knows.

BigTex

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 08:49:30 PM »
2. My views aren't elitist, just different. Just b/c I didn't grow up dirt poor doesn't make me a bad person or an elitist. I just have a different life experiences.

I think that when people view you as "elitist" they are not referring to your life experiences. I think they are generally referring to your reaction of shock and gall when a law school has decided not to accept you. Sometimes, people get an impression that you feel there's something wrong with the school in question for not accepting you. To many, that's an expression of elitism.

Congrats on all your acceptances by the way. I think you'd be nearing perfection as a person if you could just use a little humility to take the edge off. I tend to rub people as arrogant myself as well sometimes though. So I'm not casting stones. I just thought it would be helpful to explain exactly why some people have a certain impression of you.

Kick ass in 1L!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 08:52:18 PM »
Thank BigTex. I don't think I'm an elitist nor do I believe I'm better than anyone else. Perhaps it's difficult to decipher my tone, since this is the Internet. My biggest pet peeve is fake people. Not that I particular care but don't smile in my face then try to talk mess about me when a situation presents itself. 

BTW: Thanks for the congrats. The same goes to you as well.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 09:01:50 PM »
yo regal, i missed the spat so fill me and the rest of the board in.  what happened?  i am not accusing you of being a racist, but from what i can gather it seems like you used disproportionate verbal force in resonse to seu's comment regarding her personal experiences with black women.  am i wrong, because the avatar seemd to add credence to my neutral observation?  im not accusing a fellow trojan of being racist, just asking for your side of the story
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Braden

• Sr. Citizen
  • World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 09:04:55 PM »
You aren't a racist, just a jerk.
3.6 (Mech Engr/Math/Econ (minor)), (167 and 179), Lots of ECs, and a guy with long blonde hair(that should make me an URM):
In:Michigan!, DUKE
Out:Yale, Harvard
Waitlist: Penn

BigTex

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 09:05:16 PM »
Sometimes people don't get along. That's natural. When two minorities from different races don't get along though, there's a different element at play.

Most minorities have, sometime in their lives, been slighted because of their race. A remark here. A look there. Something. I really do know from my family how hurtful and painful these experiences can be.

So, when two minorities get in an argument/fight they remember back to these slights and insults they've experienced. They *know* the effect it can have. And with this knowledge, in the heat of battle, sometimes they themselves sling out these insults they have themselves been the victim of. They know the power of these words and inuendo.

Of course not every black and hispanic will get along. Of course people are going to fight from time to time. This is directed at no one in particular, I just ask that in such arguments/fights we have in our lives we remember the stinging power of these words and inuendo and what they have meant to our respective communities. No matter what anyone may bluff to the contrary, that stuff really makes people feel bad - really bad.

I'm just saying, let's all remember how hurtful these words have been to our various communities and when fights inevitably occur, just try not to pick up certain taboo weapons.

Thanks all.

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 09:06:56 PM »
You aren't a racist, just a jerk.

dont know anything about the first half of that statement, but the second half is certainly accurate.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 11:32:54 PM »
Actually I don't have issues with Latinos, Blacks, Whites, Asians, etc... I have issues with stupid a$$ broads who pop off at the mouth. It has nothing to do with an individual's racial background. The only reason I made it a racial issue is b/c of Seu's ignorant comments, which seems to not be getting as much attention as mine. I do admit to going below the belt, but I wanted to prove to her how insulting it is to make generalizations about black women. Another thing I don't appreciate is the subtle innuendos about me as a person or how I'm a poor representation of the "black race". How dare anyone make that assumption when 99% on here don't know me in my everyday life. The comments about my confidence are ridiculous as well. What do I have to prove to anyone on here? People would sell their limps to be in my position so I see no reason to feel insecure. I realize that Iím very blessed and my law school process could have turned out pretty badly. I don't expect anyone to come to my defense but at the same time I don't appreciate being bashed for defending myself.