Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Black Alternative/Metal/Punk Fan Thread  (Read 4490 times)

zenbiddie

Re: The Black Alternative/Metal/Punk Fan Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 08:16:07 PM »
jlf - esthero is great, very soulful lady (isnt she french or sthg?) "the world i know" with her and goodie mobb is hot, that's on the slam soundtrack right?  radiohead and bjork are def favs.  ive liked bjork since she was with the sugarcubes.  my all time fav group tho is the cocteau twins.  i listen to lots of diff stuff.  drum & bass, lounge, etc. this thread is cool cuz you cant judge a book by its cover.  peeps have all kinds of diff interests.  ah music.... :D

youranidiot

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 08:44:31 PM »
Interesting that not a single black alternative/metal/punk band has been mentioned on this entire thread...24/7 Spyz rule da urf.

zenbiddie

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 02:26:03 PM »
fishbone

living color

bad brains

black jack johnson

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 08:43:32 PM »
jlf - esthero is great, very soulful lady (isnt she french or sthg?) "the world i know" with her and goodie mobb is hot, that's on the slam soundtrack right?  radiohead and bjork are def favs.  ive liked bjork since she was with the sugarcubes.  my all time fav group tho is the cocteau twins.  i listen to lots of diff stuff.  drum & bass, lounge, etc. this thread is cool cuz you cant judge a book by its cover.  peeps have all kinds of diff interests.  ah music.... :D

Esthero is great..her new album is about to drop relatively soon and she's done a couple of songs with Andre3000 for it..she's going to be opening up for the John Legend tour pretty soon... she dropped the guy that she performed with but to me she was the performer anyway.. "the world I know" is on the slam soundtrack..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

zenbiddie

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 12:38:49 PM »
ok ok the world i know and country livin are the same song...my bad.  i d/led a bunch of songs from her '98 album but havent been keepin up with her since a few yrs back.  i might peep that new album tho, good lookin out blk.  her and dre together on a track w/b nice.  some of those songs on john mayer's last cd are a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  anyone listen to tricky (oh yea, add him to the list of black alt rockers)?  i seen him in concert.  that man is nuttier than pecan pie.

shiveringjenny

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2005, 01:41:44 PM »
yeah, i really like Tricky. that's good stuff.

chemicalx

• AOL Instant Messenger - cathcartcx
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005, 12:28:22 AM »
I like

marilyn manson
the Darkness
scissor sisters
coldplay
Goldfrapp
No Doubt (old stuff)
Remy Shand
Jet
Maroon 5

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 12:53:10 AM »
I like

marilyn manson
the Darkness
scissor sisters
coldplay
Goldfrapp
No Doubt (old stuff)
Remy Shand
Jet
Maroon 5

I dig these bands too. Nine Inch Nails is my favorite "band" of all time. I was a goth, punk and industrial DJ with a radio show when I lived in the San Francisco area. Other than NIN, my taste has lightened up a bit and I listen to my playlist with Franz, the Killers, Dave Matthews, REM, and Jem all day at work.

Great thread . . .

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2005, 01:34:22 PM »
I like

marilyn manson
the Darkness
scissor sisters
coldplay
Goldfrapp
No Doubt (old stuff)
Remy Shand
Jet
Maroon 5

I dig these bands too. Nine Inch Nails is my favorite "band" of all time. I was a goth, punk and industrial DJ with a radio show when I lived in the San Francisco area. Other than NIN, my taste has lightened up a bit and I listen to my playlist with Franz, the Killers, Dave Matthews, REM, and Jem all day at work.

Great thread . . .

Yuo both = teh secksy!
As much as I hate to resurrect a dead thread (lmao!) it only lapsed because of circumstances beyond my immediate control, and therefore, I continue...

That was the ONLY thing I liked about San Francisco when I was stationed out there, the fact one could actually see other black people who were big on the goth/industrial/punk scene. Too bad we couldn't have met, I really wanted to like that city.

I'm taking both days of the NIN tour in May off from work when it comes to Philly...I will spend the $300 or so that it'll cost to see them two days in a row. It'll be my first NIN show ever, so I'll need both days to confirm that I'm not somehow "dreaming"  ;D

Kinda pissed they didn't decide to play Baltimore or D.C., though.
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:37 AM »
I like

marilyn manson
the Darkness
scissor sisters
coldplay
Goldfrapp
No Doubt (old stuff)
Remy Shand
Jet
Maroon 5

Great thread . . .

Yuo both = teh secksy!
As much as I hate to resurrect a dead thread (lmao!) it only lapsed because of circumstances beyond my immediate control, and therefore, I continue...

That was the ONLY thing I liked about San Francisco when I was stationed out there, the fact one could actually see other black people who were big on the goth/industrial/punk scene. Too bad we couldn't have met, I really wanted to like that city.

I'm taking both days of the NIN tour in May off from work when it comes to Philly...I will spend the $300 or so that it'll cost to see them two days in a row. It'll be my first NIN show ever, so I'll need both days to confirm that I'm not somehow "dreaming"  ;D

Kinda pissed they didn't decide to play Baltimore or D.C., though.

I saw NIN with Marilyn Manson for my 14th bday. Then I saw NIN with David Bowie and Prick a few years later. There were a lot more goths, punks and mods in the SF area--and not the type that think Avril Lavigne is punk either. It would have been nice to not feel like the only other black goth/mod out there.

Where are you headed for LS? Maybe we can music swap if you're near?