Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Wait List for U of Miami or DePaul?  (Read 1790 times)

Futurejd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wait List for U of Miami or DePaul?
« on: May 26, 2004, 05:42:29 PM »
 I was put on Depual's waitlist in Feb.and still have not heard anything.  I have been accepted to St.Mary's and South Texas with scholarships.  If admitted to Depual should I go over St.Marys or South Texas?  Suggestions??

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 06:07:02 PM »
Depends, do you have a particular area of law you want to go into? I want to go there because of their IP program in Art and Museum law (no other school has it). Personally, I think DePaul might be a little more well known than the other schools (although that is not the only reason to pick a school). Also, it's in a major metropolitan area so more opportunities may be available to you.

Futurejd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 06:21:28 PM »
I am interested in INternational Law and Dispute resolution..thanks for you comments. Kalgirl..have you visited Depual???

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 07:05:02 PM »
I have not visited DePaul. I called the Admission office several weeks ago to ask them about visiting and they advised me that it would only be informational and I would not be able to meet with a dean or anything. Since I'm in California I figured I would save my money and instead I have sent them a letter of continued interest, an e-mail and I am sending another letter of interest with another Letter of rec this coming week. Anyone happen to know when their next deposit is due?

jdn2262

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 12:12:12 AM »
Next Deposit is due June 15 and its another 200$. I will be withdrawing soon, if they had given me more money I would have definitely gone. Some advice: The Director of Admissions is extremely nice, GET TO KNOW HIM, his name is Mike. Ask to speak to him directly and let him know that you really want to attend and tell him why.