Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Guys, what are you looking for in a wife?

House Wife
 0 (0%)
Trophy Wife
 0 (0%)
Part-time house wife/ part-time worker
 0 (0%)
Career Woman
 0 (0%)
Bread Winner
 0 (0%)
Not looking for a wife
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 27, 2005, 03:05:22 PM

Author Topic: The Guys' Thread  (Read 30774 times)

rohan

Re: The Guys' Thread
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2005, 09:45:37 AM »
Let the girls post man...it would be nice to get their perspective on things IMO, plus we were all over their board like white on rice....But the first one of you to show your ass in here..hrumph!

LOL@ Sands though, did someone really call someone a burrito?  Daymn, that's messed up, I must have missed that post.

On another note, I feel that cat on the skinny girl rant.  How could someone bypass a curvy buxom woman for one of those Hollywood looking sticks?

faith2005

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2005, 10:37:34 AM »
i have a question for the guys thread. and maybe its been discussed b/f. but the perception among some black women i know is that the higher education a black man gets, the more likely he will end up with a white (or other) woman. it seems that way, b/c when we looked at our profs, most of the guys in grad school, med school etc. they were dating/married to non-black women. is this perception really skewed?

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2005, 10:47:49 AM »
The girls can post. I was just kiddin'. I don't know about Sands though.

RE: successful black men and non-black women. Of course they are going to date non-black women. They want to upgrade!   ::)
Look to the left -- Look to the right

rohan

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2005, 11:16:53 AM »
Some Stats (y'all know I love bringing data)

70% of all white/black interracial marriages involve a black man and a white women, only 30% involve a black woman and a white man.

An Article in National Review stated that when compared to White men, White women were 10 times more likely to report that their most recent sexual partner was Black.

(Basically black men are attracted to white women and vice versa)BP

Note however 97% of all marriages in the country involve people of the same race.

(so they really arent' getting married that much though, just doing the nasty)BP

-
So it's not really clear that black men end up with white women in such huge numbers, they seem to just hook up/date, whatever is the pc way of saying it, but they don't end up getting married in huge numbers.

faith2005

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2005, 11:34:19 AM »
thats interesting. 97% of couples involve people of the same race. i have to say that although it seems that way in the world, it doesn't seem that way in the academy. but i def. believe the stat about black women and white men. i can't say i know that many black women who date white guys at all.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2005, 11:53:12 AM »
Black Women probably don't date white men and especially don't marry them that much for a variety of reasons. Most of which is a lot of white men aren't that attracted to our sista's, they like flat booties and no shapes. Black women like to have their world rocked in ways only men of color can provide.  I'm sure the reasons are more in depth than above like "birds of a feather flock together" We are around our own people more than other races. It is also a mother/ father connection if the bonds were strong at home with women and their fathers than they look for a man of similar characteristics, the same goes for men. It may also have a lot to do with exterior perceptions that interacial dating encourage.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

'lit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2005, 01:47:49 PM »
On another note, I feel that cat on the skinny girl rant.  How could someone bypass a curvy buxom woman for one of those Hollywood looking sticks?

:-*

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2005, 01:58:31 PM »

:-*

are you curvy?

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2005, 01:59:16 PM »
Hey, there's nothing wrong with skinny girls provided that they are curvy in a couple of areas. ;)

Regal_Muse

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2005, 02:00:03 PM »
WOW RBG LOL....

East coast and southern guys seem to prefer thicker women...I know Cali guys like them on the thinner side.