Law School Discussion

Poll

Guys, what are you looking for in a wife?

House Wife
0 (0%)
Trophy Wife
0 (0%)
Part-time house wife/ part-time worker
0 (0%)
Career Woman
0 (0%)
Bread Winner
0 (0%)
Not looking for a wife
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 27, 2005, 01:05:22 PM

The Guys' Thread

Re: The Guys' Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 04:29:30 PM »
i just bought a new laptop.
you wish you were me.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/blsa/mvhome.html

Black chicks at Harvard

if i were a dude, i wouldn't hit half of those chicks with a dirty shovel.

LOL

shiveringjenny

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »
you wish you were me.

Black chicks at Harvard

I agree. Paste a link to the laptop you bought so I can make fun of it.

i dunno...
i have no real problem with people making fun of my looks or behavior or any of my multiple flaws and failings as a human being, but i simply can't tolerate people making fun of my stuff or, more importantly,  having better stuff than me.

::takes a deep breath:: it's a dell inspiron 700m. i just bought it because i'm tired of not having a laptop. and i don't really need it for anything other than word-processing. ::exhales:: whew, that was hard.

please don't make fun of my computer. i still haven't seen it.  :'(

but my desktop is really powerful and shiny, i swear. i have an amazing graphics card. i have a huge hard drive. i have the best sound card one can buy. even my mouse is unbeatable. i've souped this kitty up nicely. i need a bigger monitor, though.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 04:43:40 PM »
you wish you were me.

Black chicks at Harvard

I agree. Paste a link to the laptop you bought so I can make fun of it.

i dunno...
i have no real problem with people making fun of my looks or behavior or any of my multiple flaws and failings as a human being, but i simply can't tolerate people making fun of my stuff or, more importantly,  having better stuff than me.

::takes a deep breath:: it's a dell inspiron 700m. i just bought it because i'm tired of not having a laptop. and i don't really need it for anything other than word-processing. ::exhales:: whew, that was hard.

please don't make fun of my computer. i still haven't seen it.  :'(

but my desktop is really powerful and shiny, i swear. i have an amazing graphics card. i have a huge hard drive. i have the best sound card one can buy. even my mouse is unbeatable. i've souped this kitty up nicely. i need a bigger monitor, though.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

hmm... that screen is too small.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 04:52:22 PM »
what do you think of the Sony Vaio's ?

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 04:58:18 PM »
what do you think of the Sony Vaio's ?

good but expensive.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_ToughBook_Y2/4505-3121_7-30882164.html?tag=topprods

That's a very good laptop. If they don't make 17inch laptops under 7lbs by August, I'm probably going to buy a laptop similar to that one.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 05:12:09 PM »
I plan on getting a new laptop before law school. I heard Sony Vaois are good. But then again I'm more partial to Dells

shiveringjenny

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2005, 05:19:51 PM »
my desktop is a riced sony vaio.

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2005, 05:26:21 PM »
I plan on getting a new laptop before law school. I heard Sony Vaois are good. But then again I'm more partial to Dells

I had nothing but problems with my dell back in the day
 :'(

shiveringjenny

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2005, 05:46:31 PM »

this makes me sad. this will be my first dell. as far as laptops go, i have owned a toshiba, a compaq tablet, and an hp-- i am hoping this dell will be good.
but, like i said, it's pretty much exclusively for writing papers in the library/taking notes in class, so it doesn't matter if it's a workhorse. i'm not gonna be doing any phot editing or gaming or anything hardcore with it. i considered having it solely run linux, but that's gonna be totally incompatable w/law school software, so i'll just leave that for my desktop. hopefully, opening microsoft office won't cause the laptop to crash.

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 05:53:15 PM »

this makes me sad. this will be my first dell. as far as laptops go, i have owned a toshiba, a compaq tablet, and an hp-- i am hoping this dell will be good.
but, like i said, it's pretty much exclusively for writing papers in the library/taking notes in class, so it doesn't matter if it's a workhorse. i'm not gonna be doing any phot editing or gaming or anything hardcore with it. i considered having it solely run linux, but that's gonna be totally incompatable w/law school software, so i'll just leave that for my desktop. hopefully, opening microsoft office won't cause the laptop to crash.
I am sure that you'll be fine. I tried to do EVERYTHING with that computer.. I've learned my lesson lol