Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Guys, what are you looking for in a wife?

House Wife
 0 (0%)
Trophy Wife
 0 (0%)
Part-time house wife/ part-time worker
 0 (0%)
Career Woman
 0 (0%)
Bread Winner
 0 (0%)
Not looking for a wife
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 27, 2005, 03:05:22 PM

Author Topic: The Guys' Thread  (Read 30148 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: The Guys' Thread
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2005, 10:15:43 PM »

Now to address the substantive issue my man raised about male basing threads.  A true guy topic.  Yes Made4Law that stuff is played.  If Waiting to Exhale has taught us nothing, its that females pick the wrong ni@@as, and then turn around and complain about "men" when they should be complaining about their selection.

Black women aren't very good at selecting men. It's just the truth. I was watching Blind Date yesterday and this sista' had this smart educated yada yada black dude and she wasn't feelin' him for some bs reason. Pathetic really.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Guy's Thread
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2005, 10:17:16 PM »
My answer is something in between (pun intended). The bigger the booty and boobs the longer they can talk.

This post affirms that I can speak  ;). And men ARE welcome on the ladies thread. Great post nonetheless, it actually is beneficial to both men of color as well as women.

seu2002

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2005, 10:56:19 PM »
men, i promise i won't start any drama.  i just had to say this:

pharaoh's article speaking on how the hip hop culture objectifies women is the answer as to why some women feel they need to be a sack of skin in bones to be beautiful.  this holds true of all media.  wasn't ice cube talking about 36-24-36?  and how old is that song?

it's in the media.  my man always told me i was beautiful, even when i gained a few pounds.  i always felt inadequate bc i've always been really athletic and in great shape.  those few lbs made me self-conscious of my body.  but hearing him tell me that he loved me, curves, cellulite, mini-rolls and all, made me feel more comfortable around him.

the media glorifies skinny women, and we have nothing else telling us that a few love-handles are just as beautiful.  some women need that affirmation, and that duty falls on those from whom most women seek the most acceptance from these days:  their men. 

it's up to you men to change the perception of beauty.  you have hilfiger, CK, versace, and all those other old white men dictating what beauty is.  do their views reflect you own?  i doubt it.  so please do something about it.   a kind, non-degrading word from a sweet man goes a long way in some women's lives.

maricutie

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2005, 11:02:34 PM »
All the women in here shut up or get out.  Those are your two options.  You have demonstrated remarkably well how you can run threads into the ground.  LadyDay had to start her own thread just to have something positive for females on the BLSD.  You don't see the fellas cuttin each other down and callin each other burritos here.  Porch Monkeys maybe, but not burritos.

LOL ... we was told ... :D :o

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2005, 11:13:03 PM »
All the women in here shut up or get out.  Those are your two options.  You have demonstrated remarkably well how you can run threads into the ground.  LadyDay had to start her own thread just to have something positive for females on the BLSD.  You don't see the fellas cuttin each other down and callin each other burritos here.  Porch Monkeys maybe, but not burritos.

LOL ... we was told ... :D :o

<shhhh, they voted that we need to just stfu  :-X>

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2005, 11:16:19 PM »
Maricutie, you can stay and contribute; I like you. Blk_reign and Cali444 too, for that matter. The rest of you chicks have to earn your stripes. Lest you guys might kill this thread too.

shiveringjenny

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2005, 11:23:35 PM »
Maricutie, you can stay and contribute; I like you. Blk_reign and Cali444 too, for that matter. The rest of you chicks have to earn your stripes. Lest you guys might kill this thread too.

This thread is busted anyway. Who cares if someone kills it?

seu2002

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2005, 11:25:34 PM »

This thread is busted anyway. Who cares if someone kills it?

no one ran RBG out when he was contributing on the women's thread.  the hostility is uncalled for.

maricutie

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2005, 11:28:55 PM »

Right back at you  :-*

Since there seems to be a stillness in creativity ... a contribution from one of the ladies, if it pleases thee: What do guys think of the ol steak-and-BJ day? I was ROFL, but some men didn't take too kindly to it (!) when it came up on the BLSB.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2005, 11:32:53 PM »
Doesn't sound objectionable to me.