Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Guys, what are you looking for in a wife?

House Wife
 0 (0%)
Trophy Wife
 0 (0%)
Part-time house wife/ part-time worker
 0 (0%)
Career Woman
 0 (0%)
Bread Winner
 0 (0%)
Not looking for a wife
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 27, 2005, 03:05:22 PM

Author Topic: The Guys' Thread  (Read 30951 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: The Guys' Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2005, 08:51:38 PM »
Ha. i wander over from xoxo and check out "the guys thread" and i find 5 women and RBG. Why am i surprised?

Hey jerk! What's happenin'?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2005, 08:52:49 PM »
Ha. i wander over from xoxo and check out "the guys thread" and i find 5 women and RBG. Why am i surprised?

don't believe the hype LOL
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2005, 08:53:26 PM »

:D don't let it fool you though, RBG is sure not a P.I.M.P.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2005, 08:53:50 PM »

don't believe the hype LOL

hey, what you trying to say?

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2005, 08:54:48 PM »

You're ruining your chance with me.  :D

CompleteFailure

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2005, 08:55:48 PM »

Hey jerk! What's happenin'?

"Affirmative Counteraction" is making friends back on the other board. as much as i hate the format here, it beats doing my homework.
I'm a bad man.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2005, 08:56:34 PM »

<ladyday falls on floor laughing>

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2005, 09:20:25 PM »
Somebody's Pimpin is slippin'  ;D

Anyways ladies if you are gonna be on this board much longer you might be asked to, "break bread" if you know what I mean.  Anyone in need of a "Manager" holla.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2005, 09:24:20 PM »

<ladyday falls on floor laughing>

:D

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2005, 10:09:53 PM »
All the women in here shut up or get out.  Those are your two options.  You have demonstrated remarkably well how you can run threads into the ground.  LadyDay had to start her own thread just to have something positive for females on the BLSD.  You don't see the fellas cuttin each other down and callin each other burritos here.  Porch Monkeys maybe, but not burritos.

Ladies, we love ya, but this thread is for the fellas.

[walks over like Martin and opens up the door]

Now to address the substantive issue my man raised about male basing threads.  A true guy topic.  Yes Made4Law that stuff is played.  If Waiting to Exhale has taught us nothing, its that females pick the wrong ni@@as, and then turn around and complain about "men" when they should be complaining about their selection.

For the rest of the brothers on this board, continue to hold it down.  You are continuing to pave a way for our community as a whole.  My school just sponsored a Men of Color panel in which several DA's, Corporate Lawyers and Judges were present to share their experiences as men of color in the legal profession.  It was uplifting and enlightening at the same time.  One cat broke it down the best when he said that there is still very much a struggle that exists today in America as a whole and the in the legal practice.  White folk AND BLACK FOLK ALIKE will call up your firm for help on their case, will see your credentials on paper and request you specifically, and then when you show up in person their tune changes and they want somebody else. 

One brother confirmed the mantra that many of us are familiar with.  Brothers, you have to work TWICE as hard to get 1/2 as far out there.  He was telling me that as a partner in his law firm, he has seen white associates produce work that would have got him thown out the door a long time ago.  As brothers, know that we have a small margin of error.  One slip up and that's it, they're ready to put you out of the practice. 

I have a good feeling about this crop of brothers though.  Cats are definitely doing your thang out there.  Acceptances to top schools and the whole 9.

Keep your head up and your eyes open.

Yo
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston