Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Guys, what are you looking for in a wife?

House Wife
 0 (0%)
Trophy Wife
 0 (0%)
Part-time house wife/ part-time worker
 0 (0%)
Career Woman
 0 (0%)
Bread Winner
 0 (0%)
Not looking for a wife
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 27, 2005, 03:05:22 PM

Author Topic: The Guys' Thread  (Read 30699 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Guys' Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 06:29:30 PM »
i just bought a new laptop.
you wish you were me.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/blsa/mvhome.html

Black chicks at Harvard

if i were a dude, i wouldn't hit half of those chicks with a dirty shovel.

LOL
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

shiveringjenny

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »
you wish you were me.

Black chicks at Harvard

I agree. Paste a link to the laptop you bought so I can make fun of it.

i dunno...
i have no real problem with people making fun of my looks or behavior or any of my multiple flaws and failings as a human being, but i simply can't tolerate people making fun of my stuff or, more importantly,  having better stuff than me.

::takes a deep breath:: it's a dell inspiron 700m. i just bought it because i'm tired of not having a laptop. and i don't really need it for anything other than word-processing. ::exhales:: whew, that was hard.

please don't make fun of my computer. i still haven't seen it.  :'(

but my desktop is really powerful and shiny, i swear. i have an amazing graphics card. i have a huge hard drive. i have the best sound card one can buy. even my mouse is unbeatable. i've souped this kitty up nicely. i need a bigger monitor, though.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 06:43:40 PM »
you wish you were me.

Black chicks at Harvard

I agree. Paste a link to the laptop you bought so I can make fun of it.

i dunno...
i have no real problem with people making fun of my looks or behavior or any of my multiple flaws and failings as a human being, but i simply can't tolerate people making fun of my stuff or, more importantly,  having better stuff than me.

::takes a deep breath:: it's a dell inspiron 700m. i just bought it because i'm tired of not having a laptop. and i don't really need it for anything other than word-processing. ::exhales:: whew, that was hard.

please don't make fun of my computer. i still haven't seen it.  :'(

but my desktop is really powerful and shiny, i swear. i have an amazing graphics card. i have a huge hard drive. i have the best sound card one can buy. even my mouse is unbeatable. i've souped this kitty up nicely. i need a bigger monitor, though.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_700m?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

hmm... that screen is too small.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 06:52:22 PM »
what do you think of the Sony Vaio's ?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 06:58:18 PM »
what do you think of the Sony Vaio's ?

good but expensive.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_ToughBook_Y2/4505-3121_7-30882164.html?tag=topprods

That's a very good laptop. If they don't make 17inch laptops under 7lbs by August, I'm probably going to buy a laptop similar to that one.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Regal_Muse

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 07:12:09 PM »
I plan on getting a new laptop before law school. I heard Sony Vaois are good. But then again I'm more partial to Dells

shiveringjenny

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2005, 07:19:51 PM »
my desktop is a riced sony vaio.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2005, 07:26:21 PM »
I plan on getting a new laptop before law school. I heard Sony Vaois are good. But then again I'm more partial to Dells

I had nothing but problems with my dell back in the day
 :'(

shiveringjenny

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2005, 07:46:31 PM »

this makes me sad. this will be my first dell. as far as laptops go, i have owned a toshiba, a compaq tablet, and an hp-- i am hoping this dell will be good.
but, like i said, it's pretty much exclusively for writing papers in the library/taking notes in class, so it doesn't matter if it's a workhorse. i'm not gonna be doing any phot editing or gaming or anything hardcore with it. i considered having it solely run linux, but that's gonna be totally incompatable w/law school software, so i'll just leave that for my desktop. hopefully, opening microsoft office won't cause the laptop to crash.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 07:53:15 PM »

this makes me sad. this will be my first dell. as far as laptops go, i have owned a toshiba, a compaq tablet, and an hp-- i am hoping this dell will be good.
but, like i said, it's pretty much exclusively for writing papers in the library/taking notes in class, so it doesn't matter if it's a workhorse. i'm not gonna be doing any phot editing or gaming or anything hardcore with it. i considered having it solely run linux, but that's gonna be totally incompatable w/law school software, so i'll just leave that for my desktop. hopefully, opening microsoft office won't cause the laptop to crash.
I am sure that you'll be fine. I tried to do EVERYTHING with that computer.. I've learned my lesson lol