Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Guys, what are you looking for in a wife?

House Wife
 0 (0%)
Trophy Wife
 0 (0%)
Part-time house wife/ part-time worker
 0 (0%)
Career Woman
 0 (0%)
Bread Winner
 0 (0%)
Not looking for a wife
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 27, 2005, 03:05:22 PM

Author Topic: The Guys' Thread  (Read 30704 times)

maricutie

Re: The Guys' Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »
RBG, is there any way to amend that poll to include the option, "The poll doesn't apply to me bc I'm a female and I'm choosing this option bc I want to see the results of the poll."  Or something?  If the females can't/don't vote then there's no way for us to see what you men are voting.  And I think we're all curious but don't want to mess your poll up.

Click on "view results." Should work ..

Regal_Muse

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2005, 02:22:48 PM »
Homo thug looking black guys irritate me.

seu2002

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2005, 02:23:29 PM »
i have a question for the guys thread. and maybe its been discussed b/f. but the perception among some black women i know is that the higher education a black man gets, the more likely he will end up with a white (or other) woman. it seems that way, b/c when we looked at our profs, most of the guys in grad school, med school etc. they were dating/married to non-black women. is this perception really skewed?

You know what I've noticed lately?  A lot of guys with cornrows and throwbacks are walking around with white women on their arms.. I say go for it..they're taking them off of our  hands...

But to seriously answer your question, it seemed to be a trend at my UG institution. Most of the black women on the yrd dated white men. Most of the black guys dated white women. They were all lost IMO. It just seems as if some people attribute success to the life of a caucasion. In turn they will do whatever they can to identify. Date caucasions, separate themselves from their upbringing and family (that may be less educated than them) and have bi-racial children that they in-turn raise without knowing their African American heritage.

I've heard various black men say that white women are easier to be with. They're more submissive, they'll comply in the bedroom easier etc.

Do your opinions apply to Black people who date White people or to Black people dating non-Black people in general?

rohan

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2005, 02:25:11 PM »
RBG, I got a problem with the poll man....it mixes up intellect and physical attributes.  I say those should be two seperate polls...cause physically I would ofcourse choose the booty, but still who wants a brainless woman with a nice butt(well for a girl that is  ;))  So mixing the two, intellect and physical attributes messes the poll up..just my 2 cents.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2005, 02:27:58 PM »
RBG, I got a problem with the poll man....it mixes up intellect and physical attributes.  I say those should be two seperate polls...cause physically I would ofcourse choose the booty, but still who wants a brainless woman with a nice butt(well for a girl that is  ;))  So mixing the two, intellect and physical attributes messes the poll up..just my 2 cents.

Changed
Look to the left -- Look to the right

rohan

« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »
RBG, I got a problem with the poll man....it mixes up intellect and physical attributes.  I say those should be two seperate polls...cause physically I would ofcourse choose the booty, but still who wants a brainless woman with a nice butt(well for a girl that is  ;))  So mixing the two, intellect and physical attributes messes the poll up..just my 2 cents.

Changed

(DAP) RBG

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2005, 02:32:15 PM »

God YES At least pretend to care about how you look... Do better
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2005, 02:35:10 PM »
i have a question for the guys thread. and maybe its been discussed b/f. but the perception among some black women i know is that the higher education a black man gets, the more likely he will end up with a white (or other) woman. it seems that way, b/c when we looked at our profs, most of the guys in grad school, med school etc. they were dating/married to non-black women. is this perception really skewed?

You know what I've noticed lately?  A lot of guys with cornrows and throwbacks are walking around with white women on their arms.. I say go for it..they're taking them off of our  hands...

But to seriously answer your question, it seemed to be a trend at my UG institution. Most of the black women on the yrd dated white men. Most of the black guys dated white women. They were all lost IMO. It just seems as if some people attribute success to the life of a caucasion. In turn they will do whatever they can to identify. Date caucasions, separate themselves from their upbringing and family (that may be less educated than them) and have bi-racial children that they in-turn raise without knowing their African American heritage.

I've heard various black men say that white women are easier to be with. They're more submissive, they'll comply in the bedroom easier etc.

Do your opinions apply to Black people who date White people or to Black people dating non-Black people in general?

Black men dating white women that have that specific view. A lot of people do attribute success as the life style of a caucasion. They lose all sense of self in the process because they aspire to become white.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2005, 02:36:55 PM »

God YES At least pretend to care about how you look... Do better

lol....I know right   :-\
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

seu2002

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2005, 02:37:56 PM »

Black men dating white women that have that specific view. A lot of people do attribute success as the life style of a caucasion. They lose all sense of self in the process because they aspire to become white.

Sad of any race.  I have a problem with Latinos who think they're anything but Latinos.  It's a shame.  Thanks for sharing.

And Mari, thanks for the tip.

EDIT:  What's up with the quoting function on these things?