Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: At what point does checking the online status checker become an obession (m)  (Read 1618 times)

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am glad I do not have to sit home all day. Then I would for sure lose my mind. As far as the accuracy of the status checker I have talked to quite a few people lately who have found out about their acceptance thru the UGA status checker. I guess they are pretty good about updating their's. Plus, I am bored at work in front of a computer. Feeds the obsession.
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Does anyone think they check if you are checking?

There was a post about this before. If they do, they either KNOW I am interested in their  school or are about to file a restraining order against me.

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm in withdrawal because I'm in all my schools that had status checkers and the ones still pending have nothing.  What do I check now?  I hate this... 
UVa it is!

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
lol. Before I got into Hastings I swear I was checking at least hourly. Even after the status changed to decision I went back and checked a couple of times just to be sure. I've also been stuck on waiting for evaluation at Davis for months.
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Worst...I have no e-mail access at work, and only 1 out of 14 schools that I applied to has online status checker.  No news for me until I get home after 7PM!
Fed gov't atty

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Worst...I have no e-mail access at work, and only 1 out of 14 schools that I applied to has online status checker.  No news for me until I get home after 7PM!

That is bad. But at least you do not have the ability to indulge is this unhealthy obsession!

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Worst...I have no e-mail access at work, and only 1 out of 14 schools that I applied to has online status checker. No news for me until I get home after 7PM!

That is bad. But at least you do not have the ability to indulge is this unhealthy obsession!

Nah, it just means that I have an even more unhealthy obsession with OSU's status checker!
Fed gov't atty

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Worst...I have no e-mail access at work, and only 1 out of 14 schools that I applied to has online status checker. No news for me until I get home after 7PM!

Nah, it just means that I have an even more unhealthy obsession with OSU's status checker!

Well between email, online status checker, and snail mail I am a junkie I swear.

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
I bet just to make me feel like I've wasted my time, I get a snail mail acceptance/denial letter from my last few schools before my online status even changes.

Lewis and Clark was cool because I tried logging in to their admitted students page every day for a month, and it was almost shocking when finally, I didn't get the usually error message, and I was in! I didn't get anything in the mail for a week after that, so it's not completely crazy to use the status check.

I'd say that over twice per day is bordering on obsessive.

bradzwest

when the status checker is your home page instead of yahoo.....