Law School Discussion

$ Scholarships, Money, Financial Aid at Washington DC Schools - Merit and other

Elvis

I got the same letter as Monkey from Catholic, same date, same amount. I don't think it's enough to change my mind, but enough that I have to think about it a bit.

Schmett, our numbers, and admissions results, are identical - too funny! :)  I hear you about the $$ at Catholic.  I really want to stay in DC, so it at least made me stop and think, too! 

Thanks for passing along the info regarding Catholic.  Congrats to both of you - even if you don't go to CU it still must be nice to get the offer!!

Just wondering if all you GWU admits sent in your credit report yet. I just mailed mine today (it took a while to get it) and so it is seperate from my Profile printout and tax returns (I Fed Exed those so they'd meet the 3/1/05 deadline.)

I guess I am nervous about trying to get the GW aid stuff submitted correctly because funding there is a big worry for me and also because they seem to require so much more documentation than most schools.

Any assurance that I'm on the right track? TIA.

I just got my CUA letter today: $14,500 Faculty Fellowship award, renewable each year provided I remain in "good standing"...nice, I wonder what's considered good standing (in UG I think it means about a 2.0?)

Schmett, our numbers, and admissions results, are identical - too funny! :)  I hear you about the $$ at Catholic.  I really want to stay in DC, so it at least made me stop and think, too! 

Yup, I laughed when I opened my envelope and saw it was the same as yours! I did the math and even with no $ from Maryland (and based on their website the average financial aid package includes about $3000 in grants) it's only $2000 a year cheaper to go to Catholic (and that's assuming I'd be in the top 25% which while possible could be risky to bank on) and the major difference in the rankings isn't worth it.

But yes, Elvis, it feels good that someone wants to give me lots of $$$  :D

I just got my CUA letter today: $14,500 Faculty Fellowship award, renewable each year provided I remain in "good standing"...nice, I wonder what's considered good standing (in UG I think it means about a 2.0?)

According to CUA's "Announcements 2004-2005," Good Standing (p. 89) is cumulative 2.15 with minimum semester average of 1.82.

I also got the Faculty Scholarship from Catholic (19K), but it said that I would have to stay in the top 25% to renew it.

Elvis

Anyone applying to Maryland receive info regarding th Law Leadership Scholarship?  Apparently a group is selected for interviewing?

Elvis

Heard GW is planning on getting some of their financial aid packets out - does this sound right?  Anyone hear anything?