Law School Discussion

$ Scholarships, Money, Financial Aid at Washington DC Schools - Merit and other

Just got an email tonight saying that notification of scholarships would be sent out by U.S. Mail this week.

Elvis

Just got an email tonight saying that notification of scholarships would be sent out by U.S. Mail this week.

From Mason?

Ohhh....I really was asleep when I wrote that. The email was from Catholic.  Sorry about that.

Elvis

No worries.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Elvis

Monkey

• View Profile
Anyone have info/experience regarding UMaryland?

I went to UMD's open house a couple of nights ago, and asked the Asst. Dean of Admissions when they'd be sending out financial/merit aid notification.  She said it should be before the end of this month, but to "call if it's two weeks or less before the deposit deadline and you still haven't heard anything," so they can let you know.  Kinda vague, but at least it tells you what to do if you haven't heard and are closing in on the deadline.

Monkey

• View Profile
You hear anything from Catholic reg. $$?

Posted this elsewhere, but for those on this thread...got a letter this weekend from Catholic offering $18,000/yr "Faculty Merit Scholarship" - 1st year grant; renewable for 2L & 3L by remaining in top 25%.  (Letter dated 3/1/05; rec'd Saturday 3/5 in DC area.)  Nice offer, but the cost of living in DC still makes Catholic more expensive overall than my current first choice.

voce

• View Profile
I got a call from the Dean last week regarding the Dean's Scholarship at GULC...Good news there! :)

I got the same letter as Monkey from Catholic, same date, same amount. I don't think it's enough to change my mind, but enough that I have to think about it a bit.

Monkey

• View Profile
I got the same letter as Monkey from Catholic, same date, same amount. I don't think it's enough to change my mind, but enough that I have to think about it a bit.

Schmett, our numbers, and admissions results, are identical - too funny! :)  I hear you about the $$ at Catholic.  I really want to stay in DC, so it at least made me stop and think, too!