Law School Discussion

When do you think we'll get the results?

momofthree

• my sweetie in action
    • View Profile
Re: When do you think we'll get the results?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 11:49:34 AM »

Did anyone check that they would want scores immediately if the LSAT becomes computerized?  I did. 

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 12:24:08 PM »
Hell, me too.

shari

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 12:56:14 PM »
Heck, if I remain at this heightened state of anxiety for 21 days I'll collapse!

The LSAT computerized - that can be good or bad.  I usually slaughter the exam with
my pencil, I'd hate not being able to do that.  Does anyone remember accidentally ripping that flimsy exam booklet with their pencils?  Damn it my pencil kept tearing up the
exam booklet.  It didn't help that we had to write the exam on an armrest with pencils and erasers in our lap.

momofthree

• my sweetie in action
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 01:50:22 PM »
I tore mine to pieces.  The lady who picked it up even commented.  It was a wreck.

Emolee

• I believe there is a distance I have wandered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 01:51:31 PM »
on the scores coming: I could be wrong about last year... possibly this woman I was referencing took it the year before that.. I  still think we may get them sooner... at least I hope

on the booklets: what threw me was the differnece in paper... I had to press much harder to make marks... at first my pencil lines did'nt show up

on the dreaming: last night I had four episodes in my dreams about my lsat soore... first I got a 168, which is VERY realistic but not too happy- now I'm thinking this IS my score, then I got a 180, and I knew lsac had made a mistake, then I got a 151, and I again knew lsac had made a mistake, but it was awful 'cause I thought I'd be stuck with it.  The final scene involved someone reading off a list of numbers to me that I had to add up to get my score, but I couldn't add them up quickly enough and I had no paper...  Freud? Bethiem? (or whoever that fairy tale loving psychologist is that lsat writers are obsessed with)

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 03:47:10 PM »
on the scores coming: I could be wrong about last year... possibly this woman I was referencing took it the year before that.. I  still think we may get them sooner... at least I hope

on the booklets: what threw me was the differnece in paper... I had to press much harder to make marks... at first my pencil lines did'nt show up

on the dreaming: last night I had four episodes in my dreams about my lsat soore... first I got a 168, which is VERY realistic but not too happy- now I'm thinking this IS my score, then I got a 180, and I knew lsac had made a mistake, then I got a 151, and I again knew lsac had made a mistake, but it was awful 'cause I thought I'd be stuck with it.  The final scene involved someone reading off a list of numbers to me that I had to add up to get my score, but I couldn't add them up quickly enough and I had no paper...  Freud? Bethiem? (or whoever that fairy tale loving psychologist is that lsat writers are obsessed with)

Haha, Emolee. I am having dreams like that as well. In one I got a 138, the next a 163 (low for me), and the third a 180! Hopefully my score will be an average of the last two. :)

lawbuddy

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 04:32:43 PM »
I tore mine to pieces.  The lady who picked it up even commented.  It was a wreck.

They must have chosen the cheapest friggin recycled paper in the world to administer that test on. At least every other page, which I was underlining something my pencil went STRAIGHT THROUGH THE PAGE.  That was the most disconcerting thing ever, especially since it had never happened to me in any of the practice exam booklets (where they used the nice, pretty, thick paper).

On one question I tore the page so much there was no way I could read part of a question on the other side of the page.  I was so pissed when I realized it was a necessary part of the question.  Curse that cheap-ass paper!

amarain

• View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 08:17:39 PM »

They must have chosen the cheapest friggin recycled paper in the world to administer that test on. At least every other page, which I was underlining something my pencil went STRAIGHT THROUGH THE PAGE.  That was the most disconcerting thing ever, especially since it had never happened to me in any of the practice exam booklets (where they used the nice, pretty, thick paper).

On one question I tore the page so much there was no way I could read part of a question on the other side of the page.  I was so pissed when I realized it was a necessary part of the question.  Curse that cheap-ass paper!
Yeah you'd think that since we pay, what is it, $115 to take this stupid test, they could have at least used paper that doesn't disintegrate when you write on it.

I had a bunch of scary LSAT getting-a-148 dreams before the test, but none since.
My boyfriend dreamt the night before the test that I got a 180. Well that's what he told me, anyway. If he dreamt that I got a 148, I hope he wouldn't tell me about it.

withj

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 08:23:08 PM »
That happened to me twice, but both times it ripped through to the back side of a sheet of questions I had already answered. The damage was significant enough that, if I'd had to back to those questions, I wouldn't have been able to. Luckily I didn't have to.

I wonder if it was because I was stressing so much, I was overdoing it with the pencil.

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005, 10:22:24 PM »
I poseted this on another thread but.....I ripped many a page with my .05mm mechanical pencil. Then, when we had sign our name on the exam booklet, I nearly ripped it in half.