Law School Discussion

"Held for Further Review" in Austin! Early Decision not so early at Texas.

where2g0

Okay, so you apply Early Decision because you want to get an early decision?  Nah.  Anyone else out there get "Held Over" from Early Decision at Texas?  Have you heard anything yet?  Its been four months, for the love of Pete.

abcd

Re: "Held for Further Review" in Austin! Early Decision not so early at Texas.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 06:53:40 AM »
i reread the deferral email and it looks like we could be in for a wait, they anticipate a decision by mid-april. fwiw, several friends last year were held, then waitlisted, then rejected in the summer. but a few people around here have been accepted after being held so it happens. keep your fingers crossed...

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 07:32:04 AM »
if you look at LSN, at least texas has been making some movement on the deferred people.  penn is starting to as well, but UVa pretty much hasnt done a thing.  hopefully they'll all get their act together soon and the decisions, good and bad, will start to pick up

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:42:26 AM »
Okay, so you apply Early Decision because you want to get an early decision?  Nah.  Anyone else out there get "Held Over" from Early Decision at Texas?  Have you heard anything yet?  Its been four months, for the love of Pete.

I'm in the same boat.  It's really annoying!!

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 08:26:28 AM »
Have you checked out LSN?  http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search   
There have been a handful of us who were deffered who have heard...me, BigTex, Sketchy Phi.  Maybe try sending them a letter of intent or continued interest. I did this and I got an acceptance letter in the mail about a week or so later.  I have absolutely no idea if one event had anything to do with the other...but I do think that there is a possibility that the letter might have gotten my file pulled and looked at.  But who knows?  UT receives sooo many applications - I think usually about 6,000 and I heard from someone on this board (for whatever that is worth) that they received even more this year.