5 (15.6%)
6-yrs younger
 1 (3.1%)
all of the above
 6 (18.8%)
i'd rather date someone my own age
 8 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: The Black Women's Thread  (Read 198053 times)

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Women's Thread
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2005, 01:59:08 PM »
Seu-

I want to tell you that I'm sorry. I usually try not to jump into people's situations 'cause I figure we can all hold our own nut sacks.

But you are absolutely correct, in the midst of all the bickering you were continually berated and disrespected for your ethnicity which was absolutely disgusting. That was something that I did notice. And if another member of the BLSDB were to be called a "black" female dog or ghetto or other racist and derogatory slur by someone else, especially a white member, I would have chewed their ass into bits. Even though I can't control other people's actions or comments, however, as being people of color and brothers and sisters, that type of behavior should have not been tolerated. It was the equivalence of a black person being called a n-word on here. And even in the case that I didn't particularly care for a certain black member, if someone came at them like that I would have flipped the @#!* out. You deserved the same type of respect.

What happened was gross, uncalled for, and immature. And I can't take what was said back. I just hope that you don't take it as a representative of how all black people think or feel towards Mexicans. And once again I apologize for condoning the behavior with silence.

You are welcome here, and in this thread. That's why it was created. For support, not abuse.

I second this wholeheartedly.  There's NO excuse for racist remarks on this board, especially when they're so personal. 

For the record, I did try to be supportive when possible, although I guess I could have been more loud about it.  But some people can be so unreasonable that it doesn't seem worth the fight.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 02:00:46 PM »
Maybe the women on this board aren't taking their future careers into consideration.  Who needs more money and no satisfaction?  I plan to be well off enough to support myself and a baseball team of kids, so more money isn't going to cut it for me.

Exactly! I don't need your money little male private part!

-or-

the men could be voting to see the results, and are basing their votes on their own personal future outlooks  :(

-or-

this is just truly the representative  :-\

seu2002

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
Seu-

I want to tell you that I'm sorry. I usually try not to jump into people's situations 'cause I figure we can all hold our own nut sacks.

But you are absolutely correct, in the midst of all the bickering you were continually berated and disrespected for your ethnicity which was absolutely disgusting. That was something that I did notice. And if another member of the BLSDB were to be called a "black" female dog or ghetto or other racist and derogatory slur by someone else, especially a white member, I would have chewed their ass into bits. Even though I can't control other people's actions or comments, however, as being people of color and brothers and sisters, that type of behavior should have not been tolerated. It was the equivalence of a black person being called a n-word on here. And even in the case that I didn't particularly care for a certain black member, if someone came at them like that I would have flipped the #@!* out. You deserved the same type of respect.

What happened was gross, uncalled for, and immature. And I can't take what was said back. I just hope that you don't take it as a representative of how all black people think or feel towards Mexicans. And once again I apologize for condoning the behavior with silence.

You are welcome here, and in this thread. That's why it was created. For support, not abuse.

Ladyday, yesterday's mess is nothing but a thing to me.  I'm over it, but I just wanted to clarify.  I've been disrespected way worse to my face.  I'm usually more thick-skinned, and I do apologize for stooping to a new low in my life on your board, but hey, even the great ones fall.   ;)

Don't you worry your 1L brain about this drama.  You have better things to concentrate on such as representing the URM nation in LS. 

I don't like females too much, but I respect you, Ladyday. 

Peace.   :)

seu2002

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2005, 02:06:29 PM »
Thanks Cali. No worries.  If anything, I admire you numbered femmes more.

I really hope that the poll is not a representative of females on here.   ???

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2005, 02:13:18 PM »
I agree w/ you as well Seu.  Your points were valid and are definitely something people should keep in mind before making thoughtless comments. 
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

shiveringjenny

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2005, 02:18:34 PM »
jlf hates all races equally.

jlf also has no opinion on racist posters.

actually, she does have an opinion-- it's who cares. this is an internet message board. irl if someone is talking crazy to you, you can actually do something about it, like, say, stab or sue him. however, in the ether of the internets, you will only get yourself worked into a tizzy while someone else who probably neither cares about you personally nor means anything he says has a quick, meaningless laugh at your expense.

and jlf would rather have a rich guy who loved her but was kind of lame in bed than a poor guy with a huge shlong mooching off her biglaw salary.

A.J

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2005, 02:22:54 PM »
AJ will do all races equally.

HTH

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2005, 02:23:46 PM »
Man! I have the funniest story about that sh*t. When I was in Senegal I was getting my hair braided. So the bitches didn't know that one of my friends new French really well. So these bitches are talking about how they was going to overcharge me and sh*t. So when our "sister" who knew English left the room, my friend who knew French looked one of the chicks dead in her face and was like "You f-ing female dog, You Stank Ass f-ing female dog!" and kept saying it over and over. And the real funny part was the girl started smiling all stupidly 'cause she had no idea what she was saying.

LMAO! That is classic...too bad I can't do that to the ones in the states because they know enough English to get around.  Why is there such hostility between Africans and African Americans?

I think a lot of it has to do with the mis-perceptions and preconceived notions about each other. When my father first came to the US he literally thought the streets were paved in gold. He kept asking my mom where they were and she had to explain to him that it's only a myth. I must say I am only speaking from my own experience but the only images even I saw when abroad of African Americans, was from Rap videos and movies etc etc. Most of the people there thought that was the lifestyle I was coming from, therefore I was rich, and could just give anyone money, that's why those girls wanted to overcharge me (which they did but it wasn't worth arguing over) and that's why if they asked you for money and you said no, they would get really really angry. And don't you know, they also believe American girls are easy, they sure found out it wasn't Black american girls that were easy, this guy made a pass at my friend, she turned him down, but nicely, unlike I would have, That Ng called her a slave. Whew, she was about to whoop his ass and she's like 5'2. This is an African man calling and African American woman a slave! When I used to get my hair braided, I would see some of the women looking at me up and down all suspiciously, until I realized they were trying to figure out what the #@!* I am. So when I would tell them I was half African, I was no longer one of those "other" girls getting their hair done, I was "one of them" got treated nicer and didn't have to pay as much. It's crazy.

African/Black Americans views of Africans are any better. In some cases I can see why Africans are turned off by blacks as some of the views on this board have expressed the superiority attittude that BA have. The same way people of other cultures and races have towards BA, it's a damn shame. That's why that dude called my friend a slave, he in his own screwed up way was saying "female dog, you ain't better than me!" even though I swear SHE WAS NOT coming off that way at all. But a lot of blacks here view Africans in the same light that white americans do: some name like tuhuti fruiti, living in a hut, in the jungle. What kind of sense is that?

I agree wholeheartedly.  I think this notion that BAs have a superiority complex is apparent throughout the diaspora.  I remember when I politely declined to dance with a gentleman in the Bahamas, he scoffed like "oh you American girls."  He even went as far as to ask me my credentials (degrees, job, etc.)  He scoffed again like "been there, done that"

It's unfortunate that we are perceived that way.  
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2005, 02:29:28 PM »
Dang Ladyday....y does the man have to BROKE....when a grown ass man is BROKE that says something about his character and if he is breaking me off on a regular and doing nothing else wouldn't that get irritating....I mean you have to bring something more to the table than the DlCK... then dang the only other option is the rich man w/the little D that can't F worth nothin .....sheesh  :-\
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2005, 02:32:26 PM »
Dang Ladyday....y does the man have to BROKE....when a grown ass man is BROKE that says something about his character and if he is breaking me off on a regular and doing nothing else wouldn't that get irritating....I mean you have to bring something more to the table than the DlCK... then dang the only other option is the rich man w/the little D that can't F worth nothin .....sheesh  :-\

buy a vibrator with the rich guy's money.
Look to the left -- Look to the right