5 (15.6%)
6-yrs younger
 1 (3.1%)
all of the above
 6 (18.8%)
i'd rather date someone my own age
 8 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: The Black Women's Thread  (Read 196104 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Women's Thread
« Reply #5360 on: December 04, 2007, 12:24:29 AM »
depends on the location  ;)... warm coat..cheap hat/glove/scarf ensemble... sweaters..blouses (for layering).. some wool blk dress slacks.. and a couple of pairs of corduroys

Question:  If you had to pick out 5 must have items for $500 or less (total, not per item . . . all of us don't have big law firm jobs) to put in yor wardrobe for the winter, what would they be?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: December 04, 2007, 12:28:46 AM »
you don't need the long johns.. you'll get too hot.. i didn't break those out unless i traveled to chicago or new york during the winter months...

Definitely.  I will have to check out the cashmere sweaters.  I bought a couple of skirt suits when I went on my shopping excursion when I found out I passed the bar :)

I don't care what I look like on the weekends. . .lol.  Okay, I do, but on Sundays I normally wear something that I would wear to work (I might do different accessories with it or different shoes), and then put on jeans after church. And Saturdays I'm prob in jeans and a sweater or t-shirt.  I own three pairs of jeans--one light, one dark and one black.  That's it. 

I want a nice long coat (probably black or a chocolate brown) but I haven't found anything to suit my fancy.  I had a nice houndstooth coat but it was stolen--so I need something classy to replace it.

We dont' get much rain in winter.  But it does get cold in Texas.  Don't be fooled.  And unlike other places, it doesn't stay cold.  Which means that everyone around you gets sick because the weather never really gets stable. Blah.

I think my fun item will be some racy black boots . . . With some laces or buckles or something.

I don't know about the long johns . . .it gets cold, but not quite that cold . . . I normally opt for tights instead.

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

th2009

• View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: December 04, 2007, 07:54:48 PM »
Macy's (if you guys have that down there) has some nice coats, as well as Wilson's Leather. I just ordered a nice warn sherling girl.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: December 04, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »
Macy's (if you guys have that down there) has some nice coats, as well as Wilson's Leather. I just ordered a nice warn sherling girl.

If they don't have Macy's --> "Burdines", same thing
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: December 05, 2007, 09:18:40 AM »
they have Macy's.... Dillard's too.. all bs aside though.. check out Kohl's as well..

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: December 05, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »
Dillard's gets a thumbs down from me.  But yeah don't sleep on Kohls

they have Macy's.... Dillard's too.. all bs aside though.. check out Kohl's as well..

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: December 05, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »
I like Dillards . . . haven't been in awhile . . . they have the best shoe sales.  I'm not that crazy about Kohls--seem to be a little overpriced unless they have a sale going on. 
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!