Law School Discussion

Anyone with scholarships to LSU or Loyola New Orleans???

Oneof2

• View Profile
Re: Anyone with scholarships to LSU or Loyola New Orleans???
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 09:34:18 AM »
calliemae, where does LoyNO stand on your list?  it appears that you have other good options.  congrats!

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 09:54:36 AM »
Yeah, I applied to both and received scholarships to both. I will be attending LSU.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 10:06:45 AM »
I have decided not to go there. I have lived in Louisiana all my life and am looking for a change. I would really like to practice in Texas, so my top choices are SMU, UH, U of Oklahoma, and STCL. Loyola is a great school especially if you want to practice in New Orleans and get a great job. I just need something new.

calliemae

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 12:48:17 PM »
I'm not sure, yet. It is definitely #1 if I decide I want to practice in New Orleans (my hometown), but I'm not sold on practicing in New Orleans.

Tulane is probably #1 on my list of my three admissions (Tulane, UNLV, Loyola N.O.) but I'm having trouble digesting $100K+ in debt.

calliemae, where does LoyNO stand on your list?  it appears that you have other good options.  congrats!

Oneof2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 01:13:52 PM »
Calliemae, Tulane was my number one but in the end I know that Loyola and I are a better fit.  It looks like I will be making the move to New Orleans without a scholarship from LoyNO which is a bummer!  Anyway, Good luck to you.  Maybe Ill see you in NOLA!

calliemae

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 01:57:35 PM »
I've never met anyone that went there that didn't love it. Alumni connections are very very strong in New Orleans and lots of alumni are politically active. There is a bit of a rivalry with Tulane and their superiority complex, though. I'm sure you'll love it!

Calliemae, Tulane was my number one but in the end I know that Loyola and I are a better fit.  It looks like I will be making the move to New Orleans without a scholarship from LoyNO which is a bummer!  Anyway, Good luck to you.  Maybe Ill see you in NOLA!

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 02:37:12 PM »
I got the postcard from LoyNo on Feb 04 saying my application was in and my LSDAS report was being requested -- what is the typical turnaround time from that postcard forward as far as getting a decision?

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 04:17:44 PM »
3.8/159
20,000/year at loyola

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 05:20:34 PM »
I got the postcard from LoyNo on Feb 04 saying my application was in and my LSDAS report was being requested -- what is the typical turnaround time from that postcard forward as far as getting a decision?
Kevdog, with my stats (which wont blow anyone away), I recieved a response in about 20 days...

Depending on your numbers, I would be expecting a letter any day now...

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 08:55:44 AM »
Kevdog, with my stats (which wont blow anyone away), I recieved a response in about 20 days...

Depending on your numbers, I would be expecting a letter any day now...

Thanks for the info.  Tomorrow is the 20 day mark, Friday, the three-week mark.  If that's their turnaround, I might know by the weekend.  I've been accepted to Buffalo, and being realistic about my shot at Temple or Villanova, it might come down to UB v LoyNO.  Hmm.  Snow and sweaters vs. humidity and tank tops.