Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Extra-curriculars...  (Read 740 times)

Melatonin

• View Profile
Extra-curriculars...
« on: February 21, 2005, 06:08:03 PM »
Just wanted to find out what everyone had for extracurriculars and whether they play THAT important of a role when applying to Law Schools.

I am in 2nd year and look to go to Law School in the States (where you can get away with a 3.1 GPA as long as you write a nice LSAT).  Will University Clubs and whatnot be enough or do I need an internship at some Corporate Law office in England for the next couple summers.. lol

Any information/suggestion from personal experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
It's a Good Life if you Don't Weaken

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Extra-curriculars...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 09:29:27 AM »
my extrac's got me and my sub-par numbers into chicago and columbia.  But I would say the extra's you mentioned, would put you somewhere below average for law school applicants. 

Melatonin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 02:14:14 PM »
That's good to know.  Thanks for the response.  I am also able to volunteer at my school legal resources department. I bet that would help.  Have any furhter suggestions that would not require a great patronage-based connections?

Congrats on Columbia.  I have a friend who's there for undergrad right now and loves it.

Joe

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 05:54:25 PM »
thanks joe...

you could always volunteer for something...its hard to increase them with something f substance in a short period of time really.

Melatonin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 12:29:43 PM »
I still have two years so I should be alright.  I'll get on that.  Possibly volunteer at something Politics related, local MP's office or something.  I'll let u know how it goes.