Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Duke Ding on LSN  (Read 2390 times)

brothernads

Re: First Duke Ding on LSN
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 10:26:30 AM »
Does anyone think we'll see some Duke acceptances this week, or will it be rejections only? Every day my email checking becomes maniacal around 10am, since that seems to be when most of the "CONGRATULATIONS" emails have gone out in the past. Then the hope inevitably fades around noon, when my mailbox remains desolate.

I hope they're still sending out the goodness this week, since March 1st is fast approaching!

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 10:59:54 AM »
Does anyone think we'll see some Duke acceptances this week, or will it be rejections only? Every day my email checking becomes maniacal around 10am, since that seems to be when most of the "CONGRATULATIONS" emails have gone out in the past. Then the hope inevitably fades around noon, when my mailbox remains desolate.

I hope they're still sending out the goodness this week, since March 1st is fast approaching!

why, what milestone is march 1st (other than two months till graduation!!!!!!!)
(163+172)/3.5

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 11:10:23 AM »
I sent a status check email yesterday...got one back today saying that the decision was sent out Friday.  Kiss of death.
I know that no one cares or is surprised because my LSAT sucks...but it's still upsetting for me. :'(
Uconn Law 1L.

brothernads

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 11:12:16 AM »
According to page 31 of Duke's viewbook, "most positive admissions decisions are made prior to March 1st".

There will be some after March 1st, but the bulk of them will be done by next week.

Infoolio

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 11:34:46 AM »
According to page 31 of Duke's viewbook, "most positive admissions decisions are made prior to March 1st".

There will be some after March 1st, but the bulk of them will be done by next week.

That's priceless. It would be even better if they said 'most of you will receive negative news after March 1st'.

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 11:40:33 AM »

That's priceless. It would be even better if they said 'most of you will receive negative news after March 1st'.

Mr. so and so, please keep your $80 and save us all the trouble. Please enjoy your stay at Thomas M Cooley. They have lots of library chairs.
(163+172)/3.5

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 12:07:16 PM »
that's not funny.  cooley is one of the only schools i can get in to. :(
Uconn Law 1L.

burp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 12:26:39 PM »
Got my rejection letter today. I'm the first deferred, rejected entry on LSN!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 12:28:14 PM »
Oh, oh!  Maybe mine will be in the mailbox when I get home!!  8)

At least they're finally starting to get decisions out.  It's been a long, boring wait for my rejection.

brothernads

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 12:29:46 PM »
Got my rejection letter today. I'm the first deferred, rejected entry on LSN!

I'm sorry! I'm in Mass. as well, so I guess I should expect mine in the mailbox when I get home tonight. I'll be joining you in the Def,Rejected pile.  :'(