Law School Discussion

HELP!! Trying to cancel!!

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
HELP!! Trying to cancel!!
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:33:37 AM »
I have been trying to cancel my score since Thursday, however, everytime I fax the form I get no response/confirmation from LSAC.  I have tried to fax it about 10 times today. 

I didn't realize that it didn't go through on Thursday, left for a retreat and now here I am flipping out that my cancellation hasn't/won't go through. 

The score won't be pretty...at all.  I have to get this cancelled.  I have been dailing 215-968-1277  Is this the correct number?  I have been looking all over lsac.org to try and find another way.  Please help!

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HELP!! Trying to cancel!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 10:36:32 AM »
The fax is probably just busy, I would just keep trying. Does your fax machine store the page in memory and keeps trying to get through on regular intervals? Why did it not go through on Thursday, did you wait for the confirmation page?

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 10:39:34 AM »
No, I didn't wait for a confirmation on Thursday and now i am kicking myself.  I was running late for class and assumed that a conf. page would print, which it didn't.  I checked my status this morning and no cancellation appeared. 

I tried calling on the off chance that maybe someone at LSAC was working despite it being Pres. Day...but no one was there. 

What else can I do?

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:42:47 AM »
can you scan the cancellation form and email it to them?

Cube Farmer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 10:44:35 AM »
I am no expert, but I do not think there is much you can do. Just keep hitting that fax machine. A postmark of today won't do it, "Score cancellation requests must be in writing and received by LSAC within nine calendar days of the test" My fear is that since no one is there today, the paper is out at the fax machine, and the memory is full. What is the exact message your fax machine is saying?

Cube Farmer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 10:46:17 AM »
can you scan the cancellation form and email it to them?

That's an interesting idea, I wonder if they will accept that. I don't see why not

Geddon187

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 10:47:25 AM »
nope. "No other form of score cancellation request-- Such as e-mail, mail-gram, voice gram, voice mail, or telegram-- will be accepted, as all score cancellation requests must include the test taker's signature."  -LSAC

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 10:50:58 AM »
it will include a signature, and then be emailed.  How's that a less genuine signature then one that's been faxed?

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 10:58:17 AM »
It says "No answer from remote fax"

If it is out of paper/history is full is that grounds for me to appeal or take action tomorrow?  I have the fax history with how many times I have tried to send it. 

GO THROUGH!!!

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 11:02:23 AM »
call and speak to someone.  sometimes those people take hours to pick up.  just keep waiting.  i hate lsac!!!