Law School Discussion

Does Presidents Day = No Mail?

twarga

Re: Does Presidents Day = No Mail?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 07:06:31 AM »
Villanova is open, despite president's day and the snow :-[

Snow?  I'm down in DE and we don't have any.

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 07:54:04 AM »
About two inches, and a nice coating of ice on top of it.  I knew deep down that it wouldn't be enough to close the university, but I held out hope...

GO_PTO

• my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 07:58:13 AM »
I've used this analogy before, but it's still true: Days with no mail delivery are your best friend. It's like being a death row inmate in Texas during a power outage: Stress is high, but you can rest assured that nothing bad will happen to you today. No matter what, you're alive for one more day at all your dream schools. Savor it.

F-CK!!!!!

Why did Duke have to mail the first batch of dings the friday before some EX-president's birthday (have any of you even HEARD of this "washington" fellow)?!?!?!

I need that ding... sinking into madness  :o

LaneSwerver

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 09:58:42 AM »
I've used this analogy before, but it's still true: Days with no mail delivery are your best friend. It's like being a death row inmate in Texas during a power outage: Stress is high, but you can rest assured that nothing bad will happen to you today. No matter what, you're alive for one more day at all your dream schools. Savor it.

Bad analogy. We'll still axe 'em in TX with no power. That's just when we have to use the baseball bats instead of the lethal injection.

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 10:25:41 AM »
I was wondering about this myself. I didn't think that mail was delivered today, but on my way to work I saw 3 mail trucks, and 2 mailmen walking around. Maybe I am in Bizaro-World.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 11:28:04 AM »
I was wondering about this myself. I didn't think that mail was delivered today, but on my way to work I saw 3 mail trucks, and 2 mailmen walking around. Maybe I am in Bizaro-World.

Most "behind-the-scenes" postal employees still work today (just as they do every day, Sundays included) but there is no delivery or retail service.

dreamer1

• CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 12:02:56 PM »
Well, hopefully there will be lots of mail tomorrow to make up for the lack of it in the past two days.  ;)

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 12:10:31 PM »
Yup, admissions offices are still open.  So you can still give them a buzz.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 12:31:18 PM »

Most "behind-the-scenes" postal employees still work today (just as they do every day, Sundays included) but there is no delivery or retail service.

i was wondering about this!  so if harvard mailed a ton of "hold" letters on friday and several people in MA got them on saturday, everyone else will get them tuesday, right?  usually it would be MA one day, east coast the next day, west coast the next day.  but now the west coast plays catch-up because of the two non-mail days (sunday and today)?

GO_PTO

• my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 01:37:18 PM »

i was wondering about this!  so if harvard mailed a ton of "hold" letters on friday and several people in MA got them on saturday, everyone else will get them tuesday, right?  usually it would be MA one day, east coast the next day, west coast the next day.  but now the west coast plays catch-up because of the two non-mail days (sunday and today)?

I see I am not the only one obsessing here...!