Law School Discussion

$ from Boalt?

fabdiva

$ from Boalt?
« on: February 20, 2005, 06:15:55 PM »
Does anyone know if Boalt gives out much in the way of financial aid (either merit or need-based)? I'm assuming that as a public school in a difficult financial situation the money isn't too generous, but if anyone has any specific info, I'd appreciate it.

miguel

• View Profile
Re: $ from Boalt?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 07:31:59 PM »
I dunno, but I am curious too...

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 08:25:12 PM »
i'm curious too. i agree with you that they probably don't have much to spread around, since they're a public school. one of the mailings i received from them said "Maximum Boalt hall fee grants are $8,300."  I assume that means tuition grant. It also says that about 10% of the incoming class gets some kind of "scholarship."  I don't know if that's the same as the "fee grant" or something different.  I hope it's something different because that would mean that the scholarship amounts might be higher than $8,300, which would be nice...

fabdiva

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 08:57:19 PM »
i'm curious too. i agree with you that they probably don't have much to spread around, since they're a public school. one of the mailings i received from them said "Maximum Boalt hall fee grants are $8,300."  I assume that means tuition grant. It also says that about 10% of the incoming class gets some kind of "scholarship."  I don't know if that's the same as the "fee grant" or something different.  I hope it's something different because that would mean that the scholarship amounts might be higher than $8,300, which would be nice...

Exactly... I wondered about the distinction between "grant" and "scholarship" as well, since I think some of the $ comes from directly Boalt and some from other sources in the UC system.

Anyone else out there with info?

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 05:31:00 AM »
Do you know when people accepted to Boalt hear about financial aid?
Has anybody heard yet?
Thanks.

fabdiva

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 07:16:45 AM »
Do you know when people accepted to Boalt hear about financial aid?
Has anybody heard yet?
Thanks.

If you get the FAFSA in by the Mar 2 deadline, you're supposed to hear in early April.