Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fast track law degree  (Read 6647 times)

peterEgan

Fast track law degree
« on: February 05, 2003, 05:33:23 AM »
I am a 22 year old Maths student in my final year. I aim to switch my career path to law. However I want to avoid going down the road of a 3/4 year undergraduate degree. Is there an intensive fast-track degree I can take in say 18 months, cutting out all terms etc. I'm based in the UK, but any advice from people who've done this or are have knowledge of the possibilities would be greatly welcomed.

RyanTX

• View Profile
Re: Fast track law degree
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 05:36:48 PM »
I know there are 2.5 yr programs, but never heard of an 18-month long version.  Sorry!

samueltobias78

• MSN Messenger - samueltobias78@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - samueltobias78
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 07:19:57 PM »
There's a 2 year program, almost 23 straight months, at Southwestern School of law in Los Angeles

arc87

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • ScenarioSolver
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 12:00:55 AM »
You can use your math degree and the LSAT to get into law school.

I took 3 33 hour semesters and will finish my undergrad in two years.
LSAT Logic Games Expert
www.scenariosolver.com

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 09:50:33 AM »
The ABA requires residency credits. I think this is enforced at every school but I may be wrong. From the Seton Hall web site:

All students must meet American Bar Association rules governing residency requirements in order to be certified for graduation.

A full-time student must be in residence for at least six semesters with a minimum of ten credits each semester.

A part-time student must be in residence for at least eight semesters with a minimum of eight credits each semester.

Two summer sessions consisting of at least five credits each will count as one full-time semester in residence, provided that the student certifies that he/she will not be employed full-time during the summer session. Two summer sessions consisting of at least four credits each will count as one part-time semester in residence.

A student who has changed divisions or who is seeking to graduate a semester early should meet with the Registrar in order to insure compliance with this requirement. The School of Law cannot approve any deviation from this requirement.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 10:08:53 AM »
I'm confused as to whether the original poster already has an undergraduate degree or not. He said he wanted to avoid the path of an undergrad degree. If he's asking whether he can go to law school without an undergrad (bachelor's) degree the answer is flat out no.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 10:10:45 AM »
I'm confused as to whether the original poster already has an undergraduate degree or not. He said he wanted to avoid the path of an undergrad degree. If he's asking whether he can go to law school without an undergrad (bachelor's) degree the answer is flat out no.

I read it again, and am a bit confused too... Can you clarify peterEgan?
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 10:16:36 AM »
look at the date on the post, over a year ago. I'm sure he's made his decision already :)

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 10:17:52 AM »
HAHAHA! I guess this posdt was resurrected in vain. Good eye marista. You'll make a better lawyer than I!
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164