Law School Discussion

Surprised (in a good way) by Maryland, Surprised (in a bad way) by St. John's

Two letters yesterday. Waitlist from Maryland and wialist from St. John's.  I find this a little strange. I figured I was an auto-rejection at Maryland. And according to LSN I probably should be. So I was pleasantly surprised by the WL. I figured I had a very good shot at getting in at St. John's, so the WL there was a little perplexing.

I sent in both of my WL acceptances (MD made my supply postage and SJU didn't). I (harbor no realistic hopes of getting in off the waitlist. But I figure, why not throw my hat in the ring?

Only 3 more schools to hear from until I am d-o-n-e. That will be nice.  And even though the WL (3 of them total so far) don't offer any kind of concrete answer, they do tell me I can go on about my business of pickig a school I did get into. So at least that's progress.

yk84

Hi,

When did you find out about BC and BU?

Thanks and good luck!
Yk

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Grats on your WL to Maryland. It may not be an acceptancae, but you never know how many people they will pull off of the list. Good luck! :)

Sorry avbout St. John's.

Hi,

When did you find out about BC and BU?

Thanks and good luck!
Yk

All that info is in my link to my LSN account.

I received a letter from the University of Maryland, telling me that they are placing my application for admissions on hold at this time--is that the same thing as the waitlist?

Thanks...