Author Topic: NYLS  (Read 5245 times)

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NYLS
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 11:08:03 PM »
Dear legalkitty,

I'm sorry about the ding.  NYLS is ridiculously expensive for a 4th tier school.
Touro rocks.  They really do read the entire application packet.  I got a lovely letter from the dean with personal remarks about my PS.  For me its now between Rutgers Newark and Touro. 

I hope something breaks for you soon.  I tell my dog that if he were a different breed, he could be my para-beagle.  But alas he is a coonhound.

Trake care

Rachel
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 06:03:58 PM »
Dear legalkitty,

I'm sorry about the ding.  NYLS is ridiculously expensive for a 4th tier school.
Touro rocks.  They really do read the entire application packet.  I got a lovely letter from the dean with personal remarks about my PS.  For me its now between Rutgers Newark and Touro. 

I hope something breaks for you soon.  I tell my dog that if he were a different breed, he could be my para-beagle.  But alas he is a coonhound.

Trake care

Rachel

Parabeagle!! I love it! Yeah, I was looking on Touro's website the other day, and while I haven't visited yet, I did think it looked pretty good. Of course, they have to let me in first! Congrats on your acceptances; maybe I'll see you there!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

DRJJ1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005, 08:06:22 AM »
I have an idead for legalkitty  have a sex change op this year and apply again as a man

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2005, 08:42:41 AM »
I have an idead for legalkitty  have a sex change op this year and apply again as a man

Um...I don't think so. But thanks for thinking of me (I think)! :-\

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2005, 09:11:21 AM »
Although that would be a unique life experience for the personal statement. I have to agree with legalkitty.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 09:14:56 AM »
Although that would be a unique life experience for the personal statement. I have to agree with legalkitty.

lol! That's true! I just might do it at this point; I am starting to get a little desperate!!

bobo21

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 11:02:56 AM »

Um...I don't think so. But thanks for thinking of me (I think)! :-\

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?action=profile;u=4117;sa=showPosts

DRJJ1

• View Profile

ktcarlin

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
I really love all of the camaraderie which takes place in the depths of T3-4.  I say the depths because everyone and their brother assume that if you don't go to the top schools, you are a worthless lawyer, and will never experience happiness, joy, monetary enjoyment, etc.  I disagree wholeheartedly.  I think that there are some fantastic lawyers who do very well for themselves.  Furthermore, if you look at some of the top law firms, there are always, sprinkled in of course, lawyers who attending "tier 4 toilets".  This whole thread has given me hope and joy...for I am in the same boat, and would like some of you advice and/or encouragement.  I have a GPA of 3.51, LSAT 150.  Some soft factors, if they even help, non-traditional student, 3 kids, US military, just returned from Iraq.  I was Summa Cum Laude for degree granting school.  Anyways, I am looking at schools such as Albany, Appalachian??, Northern Kentucky, Widener, Southern Illinois, Vermont, Syracuse, Capital, and a few others around the same Tier, such as Pace Gonzaga, Quinnipiac.  Any help, encouragement, advice would be appreciated.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 01:11:21 PM »
I really love all of the camaraderie which takes place in the depths of T3-4. I say the depths because everyone and their brother assume that if you don't go to the top schools, you are a worthless lawyer, and will never experience happiness, joy, monetary enjoyment, etc. I disagree wholeheartedly. I think that there are some fantastic lawyers who do very well for themselves. Furthermore, if you look at some of the top law firms, there are always, sprinkled in of course, lawyers who attending "tier 4 toilets". This whole thread has given me hope and joy...for I am in the same boat, and would like some of you advice and/or encouragement. I have a GPA of 3.51, LSAT 150. Some soft factors, if they even help, non-traditional student, 3 kids, US military, just returned from Iraq. I was Summa Cum Laude for degree granting school. Anyways, I am looking at schools such as Albany, Appalachian??, Northern Kentucky, Widener, Southern Illinois, Vermont, Syracuse, Capital, and a few others around the same Tier, such as Pace Gonzaga, Quinnipiac. Any help, encouragement, advice would be appreciated.
[/quote

I am sending you a PM... Check your inbox..

~K
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/