Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UMich Admit Weekend  (Read 885 times)

Tonerockyhorror

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
UMich Admit Weekend
« on: February 20, 2005, 03:01:18 AM »
Anyone travelling out to michigan from the bay area for the second admit weekend? Just curious because there are no flights that would get someone in on thursday morning or afternoon and I was wondering how you guys/girls were getting there.

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UMich Admit Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:17:09 PM »
heya, not sure if you are saying there aren't ANY flights or there aren't any that will get you there in time for check-in.  i'm flying from san jose to detroit for the first admit weekend and the earliest i could get a flight to land in detroit is at 4 pm.  i figured i'd rather do that than fly in early the day before which seemed to be the only other option.  good luck!

Tonerockyhorror

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 06:47:51 PM »
That is exactly what my problem is and all flights get in at either 4:00pm or like midnight on wednesday night. I chose to get in at 4:00 too...don't think we'll be missing that much. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in missing the first part of admit weekend.

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:06:29 PM »
yeah, i was worried about it too, but my flight on sat doesn't leave until 5 pm so i can walk around the law quad again if my little heart desires.  as long as i am there for bar review its all good.

i also thought it was really weird that i couldn't find a direct flight to detroit, i stop in chicago on the way there and i think in dallas on the way back.

Tonerockyhorror

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 12:45:07 PM »
Yeah I have to stop in St.Paul both ways. You would think Detroit and SFO would be big enough hubs to have direct flights. Oh well...let me know what you think of it and what you recommend checking out when my weekend comes if you don't mind.

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 01:11:53 PM »
not at all, will do!

nekko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 05:31:21 PM »
Have you tried flights from Oakland? I'm not going to the second admit weekend but there is a flight for the first that I'm thinking about (and I don't know why it wouldn't be different 2 weeks later) leaving Oakland airport 6am and arriving in Detroit at 2:46pm. C'mon out to the Eastbay and enjoy uhhh scenic Oakland.