Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hastings Waitlist  (Read 9831 times)

julsk001

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Waitlist
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2004, 10:10:56 AM »
Congrats on your acceptance.  If you don't mind what are your stats?  What is the deposit?

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2004, 12:05:38 PM »
I still haven't heard anything.  I'm at least grateful that they did not send me a letter cutting me from the WL.  I still have some hope.  My date did not change on the status check, so I'm hoping I get the call.

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2004, 10:06:19 AM »
Yep, no status date change and no letter. I ended up getting a sublet for the month of August in Philadelphia in the hopes that there is still a chance at Hastings. That way, I won't have to worry about a full-year lease in the off-chance I get in. It might be more of a hassle, but I guess I'm just still a wishful thinker! :)

julsk001

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2004, 10:00:20 PM »
It's Tues. Aug 3rd and I just checked my on-line status.  No change. It's getting harder and harder to maintain a positive attitude about my prospects.  I have a constant stomach ache that oftens wakes me up in the middle of the night.  Who knew this would take so long.  My replacement started training at work today and my volunteer job is searching for someone to take over my shift.  To top it off I am supposed to be moving cross country next week to start school and I haven't started looking for a place to live.  All this would be settled if Hastings would only call.... :)
Does anyone know what the deposit amount is?  Or, what's the timeline for receipt before they look elsewhere?   

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2004, 11:26:01 AM »
The deposit was $200 but it was due a some time ago . . .Tuition for people not receiving financial aid was due July 19, tuition for people receiving financial aid is due on the first day of classes, August 19 . . .So it looks like you need someone who's already paid to leave because they've been accepted off  a waitlist, which is possible, I'm hoping to hear from UCLA, if I do, I'll withdraw from Hastings, but I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen

julsk001

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2004, 02:21:22 PM »
Status date changed.  I called and the admissions person said I will be receiving a letter. Oh well, at least I know.

julka

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2004, 03:17:17 PM »
I'm sorry for you julsk001...goodluck with all else; i'm still waiting, refreshing screen every few minutes with the tiniest hope that i will get that call; it's hell

j_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2004, 03:24:43 PM »
same here...still waiting for a miracle...not a good year to be a WL candidate :(

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »
My status date still hasn't changed, but since I'm going to Davis no matter what, it's a moot point.
Maybe it's stupid, but there's something about knowing they've been calling other people and not me that made it easier to give up. I might feel differently if they hadn't let anybody in off the wait list, or if both schools weren't about equal with all things considered.

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2004, 01:58:07 PM »
My status date changed on 8/4 and I got my rejection letter today. It's a let-down, but I should have expected it. In any case, good luck to all those who got into Hastings and especially those who didn't. I guess it's time to get serious about the move to Philly and the law school I'll be attending for at least a year.