Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hastings Waitlist  (Read 9542 times)

this sucks

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2004, 05:10:39 PM »
I just got a letter from Hastings, telling me that I will not be admitted as a waitlist student.
oh well, i am waiting for Davis to take me off the waitlist anyway.

Hrothgar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2004, 05:54:51 PM »
julsk

the admissions newbie was definitly wrong, i emailed hastings to check, and they definitly made cuts....
you will hardly know who i am or what i mean....

julsk001

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2004, 06:06:36 PM »
LSG- Congrats!  Did you accept Hastings offer?  You offer gives me hope that there is still a chance. Did your status date change on the website?

lawbound55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2004, 06:14:42 PM »
LSG, what school were you planning on attending prior to your admittance to Hastings

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2004, 06:54:19 PM »
Just curious, what did the letter say?
Sorry :-[

Re: what the admissions newbie said

That can't be right.  I replied to their wait-list offer and I got a letter a couple of days ago releasing me from the wait-list.  So either she's wrong or the hastings admissions office screwed up.

Hrothgar

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2004, 07:09:21 PM »
still undecided -

oh, the usual stuff - we're sorry but we won't be able to offer you admission this year, due to class restrictions we've had to turn down many fine candidates, good luck and such
if i had it on me i'd reproduce it for you, but its really nothing interesting, the same it's us, not you kinda drivle you'd expect, and only a few sentences...

but i'm not too broken hearted, i'm still on the waitlist at davis, and i'd rather go there anyway, so hope lives...
you will hardly know who i am or what i mean....

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2004, 10:49:30 PM »
I was wondering if it was anything like the letter they sent us saying they were waitlisting us. Mine said something about how they were in this great position because they had so many great applicants to choose from, and, basically, they hoped I didn't mind waiting longer for them to make up their minds about me. For some reason it really pissed me off.
Hope you get into Davis  :)

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2004, 02:32:29 PM »
Hey law school girl, are you going to go? Congratulations!

As for me, I haven't gotten a letter rejecting me from the waitlist yet. I guess that's a good sign, but it's still so nerve-wracking. Anyone else still waiting for a letter/call?

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2004, 01:23:55 AM »
I have no basis for saying this, but if you havn't gotten the letter, and your date hasn't changed I think you have a pretty good shot dood.

I'm at least happy they didn't keep me waiting any longer, now I can catch up preparing for loyola and getting my mind going in that direction.  I'm psyched!

Best of luck all.
it's coming...

kp1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2004, 04:34:16 AM »
I just got in off the waitlist.
They extended the offer over the phone and confirmed upon the provision of a deposit.