Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hastings Waitlist  (Read 9867 times)

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 12:52:53 PM »
Loyola, in LA.  For me, I just wanna get out of this "city".  If I go to Loyola, which I think is actually a good school (from what I see LA firms hire nearly equivelent numbers of Loyola grads next to Harvard grads) I'll have to stay in LA because of the local only reputation.  And thats not what I want to do.

When I graduate from LS I'm going to start making babies, and I don't want to have babies here.  I think this place is far to unhealthy in almost every regard. Nonetheless, I didn't want to go to ucla, and I did, and I don't really want to go to Loyola, but I will!

But for the rest of you,  you're not getting the letter so there is still hope!
it's coming...

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2004, 02:03:09 PM »
I'm sort of in the same boat, except I signed a lease in Davis because the housing market is supposed to be so tight there that I figured I could always find someone else if I had to. But I'm 99.999 percent sure I'm going to Davis even if I get in at one of the schools where I'm wait listed. I've just had enough of being strung along.

In my case, I think the odds are against an acceptance, but unfortunately, I've been putting off apartment hunting near the school that I will attend if I'm not taken off the Hastings waitlist. I'm reluctant to sign a lease if I have to jump ship at last minute... Anyone else in the same situation?

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 12:22:48 AM »
Got a pdf via email.  They cut me (deeply).
it's coming...

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 10:31:34 AM »
Oh no neverends - sorry about the bad news. Loyola is a great school though, youll enjoy yourself all the same

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2004, 07:51:53 PM »
Sorry to hear, neverends... I still haven't received anything yet. Has anyone else heard news, good or bad? I'm headed to Philly at the end of the week to get started (late) on apartment hunting and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't hear from Hastings before I sign a lease.

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 01:12:57 PM »
Sounds like you are still viable at Hastings, I'd call them and give them an ultimatum a day or two before you sign a lease.

Best of luck!
it's coming...

julsk001

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2004, 01:15:08 PM »
I am on the waitlist too and have been since Dec.
I called today and spoke with the admission newbie. She said the directive came down from the top that everyone should consider admission a long shot by now.  I asked her about people being cut from the WL and she said that didn't happen.  The only people who were let go were those who didn't respond to the waitlist offer.  (what?)
My question is has anyone received an offer recently? I have an offer elsewhere but would rather go to Hastings.  I sent many letters and lor.  What is taking so long? ???[size]

Hrothgar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2004, 03:03:18 PM »
Re: what the admissions newbie said

That can't be right.  I replied to their wait-list offer and I got a letter a couple of days ago releasing me from the wait-list.  So either she's wrong or the hastings admissions office screwed up.
you will hardly know who i am or what i mean....

law school girl

• View Profile
The waitlist is still moving
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 03:14:11 PM »
Hey all,

Just got a call from the admissions office this morning saying that I had gotten off the wait list.  Don't give up hope yet....

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2004, 04:44:44 PM »
LSG - watz your statz dood
it's coming...