Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hastings Waitlist  (Read 9491 times)

law school girl

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 03:04:45 PM »
I'm waitlisted too.  Haven't heard a thing...  I was told by the admission folk that if your status changes the date on Hastings' online application status check will change.  So, if that has stayed the same, I wouldn't fear an evil letter in your mailbox.

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 06:37:12 PM »
Oh *&^%, my status changed 7/11 you know what that means!  The axe has fallen.
it's coming...

julka

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 07:20:56 PM »
They changed your status on a Sunday?! and seems like the letter is taking a while, where do you live? Please let us know if you do receive something...

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 08:59:50 PM »
My date stayed the same.  It hasn't changed since May.  It has always said decision.  Just to clarify, neverends- the only thing that changed on your status check was the date, correct?  It has said decision since you were waitlisted correct?  I wonder if since I did not receive a letter yet, maybe that means I will be accepted.  It could also mean that they intend to just keep me waiting until the first day of school only to say that I have been rejected.  Oh well, I guess they would rather protect their own asses (in case an unexpected number of their people bail) rather than put me out of my misery. They are professional admissions committees FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!! >:( ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D :o :o :o :o

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 09:25:56 PM »
Yeah, 7/11, perhaps my own personal 9/11 (please excuse the vanity of that statement).  My status has remained "decision" and I had stopped checking that admission status page, until I read the post by law school girl.  Checked it and it said 7/11.

So I called the office, and they said just because my status changed on that date, does not mean that the letter went out immediately.  She said that if I emailed, she would send me the letter by email today (which she did not).

So really there is no hope.  If I was accepted off of the list producing a status change I'm sure I would have gotten a phone call, instead of a letter. Thus I'm quite certain I've been rejected. AND I'M PISSED!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(    :'(        :'(   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(      :'(        :'(
 :'(                            :'(        :'(   :'(                              :'(     :'(
 :'( :'( :'( :'(          :'(        :'(   :'(                              :'( :'(
 :'(                            :'(        :'(   :'(                              :'(     :'(
 :'(                            :'( :'( :'(    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(      :'(          :'(
it's coming...

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 10:39:37 PM »
Yeah, I haven't checked mine since May either, and it still has my April "decision" date listed.

neverends, I'm a believer in cautious optimism. It might just be a glitch, particularly since 7/11 is on a Sunday, like julka noted. So try to keep the faith until the letter arrives.

In my case, I think the odds are against an acceptance, but unfortunately, I've been putting off apartment hunting near the school that I will attend if I'm not taken off the Hastings waitlist. I'm reluctant to sign a lease if I have to jump ship at last minute... Anyone else in the same situation?

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 11:10:02 PM »
Yeh, I'm in the same situation.  I have not done anything as far as signing a lease around the tier 2 school I was accepted at.  I didn't want to do anything concrete until I found out my waitlist situation at the schools I am waitlisted at.  But it seems like I'm never going to hear anything about my waitlist situation.  and the longer I wait, the more nervous I become. but i digress...neverends, keep your head up man.  you still have hope for Hastings and at Davis.  it ain't over till the fat lady sings. :P

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 04:47:43 AM »
So I called the office, and they said just because my status changed on that date, does not mean that the letter went out immediately.  She said that if I emailed, she would send me the letter by email today (which she did not).

Unless everyone is getting a letter, both those remaining on the list and those released AND my status date mearly means they've reached a decision to waitlist me further... do I need to go on? Thanks for the encouragement, best of luck to you F'ers that do get in!
it's coming...

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 05:11:58 AM »
klaw, sorry, I'm sure this has been covered (probably in this thread) but what school are you going to (ignoring waitlists)?
it's coming...

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 07:52:03 AM »
I'm going to Temple if I don't hear from Hastings. I live in Boston right now and I'm planning to go apartment hunting next week in Philly, but have been procrastinating just because I'm not all that excited about going there. My boyfriend is attending UCSF med school and I was hoping that we'd both be in San Fran... Not to mention that Hastings is the better school by far. What about you, neverends?