Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hastings Waitlist  (Read 9547 times)

stillundecided

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 05:30:34 PM »
I got wait-listed in late May and I haven't heard a thing from them. This feels like law school purgatory.

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 06:46:02 PM »
I got wait-listed in late May and I haven't heard a thing from them. This feels like law school purgatory.

Same for me. Got waitlisted in April and haven't heard anything from them. I'm probably going to call on Monday, though I'm not expecting to hear anything different. Just figured I should make myself known before I begin making my plans to move to Philadelphia instead.

By the way, Smyles, I was also put on the LEOP waitlist which I hope is not contigent on a LEOP admittee (as opposed to any admittee) declining admission last minute. I let them know that I would also like to be considered on the regular waitlist as I'm not dead set on being in the program, but just thought it would help my chances of admission. I'm going to try to find out more information when I call on Monday.

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 12:39:40 PM »
So I just called the Hastings admissions office. And while it was my first time calling the office, it seems many others have been liberal with their phone calls. At least that's the impression I got from the long pause and semi-sigh between me asking to talk about the wait-list and the receptionist's reply.

In any case, there's no new information except that they made offers in June, but haven't made many in July as of yet. However, she said she expects the college to make a "good amount" of offers within the next three weeks.

So, there's a bit of hope for us, if not very specific.

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 02:26:40 PM »
Thanks for taking the bullet!

Last time I called, I got a lady who just started working there, was so shy I could barely hear her on the phone, but by the end of the call she was nearly yelling at me!

"GOOD AMOUNT"  Jesus H. Christ, won't they just call me?
it's coming...

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 11:31:56 AM »
well "good amount" sounds good.... fingers are now cramping from being crossed!

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 09:13:22 PM »
I talked to them today and they're going to "release" (ie reject) some people from the wait list next week and keep others on the wait list. But they wouldn't tell me which category I was in.   ???

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 09:04:03 PM »
F, my knees are shaking.  I have a feeling I know what catagory I'm in.

Shiza!
it's coming...

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 02:53:07 AM »
Okay waitlisters, those letters should be coming soon, please share any info if you have it.

Peace and Love
it's coming...

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 10:24:49 AM »
what letters?  I have not heard anything.  I thought they were going to release some people from the waitlist but I have not heard anything.

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 02:40:41 PM »
Get2knowU, maybe it's a good sign we haven't gotten a letter yet(?) They'll probably send letters only to those who they decide to reject from the waitlist and just keep the rest in suspense like they've been doing. I just wish I knew one way or the other.