Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hastings Waitlist  (Read 9548 times)

sf2004

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Waitlist
« on: June 08, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »
has anyone heard recently about their status?
I had 165, 3.3 with 2 1/2 years legal experience at NY DA's office and a Federal Public Defender's Office.

sf2004

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 04:03:18 PM »
the waitlist is moving already. i got a call today and accepted a position.

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 10:29:16 PM »
sf, what were your numbers?  Congratulations!

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 01:05:28 PM »
OK well I called for an UC Hastings update and the woman was really nice - she pretty much said the usual...its not ranked, usually they try to let people know late June/July but that it has gone through August and even into orientation. She said some years they take some and some they dont take any ---

so yeah, pretty much the response I planned on hearing but at least its something. She did stress again not to send in much additional information.

sf2004

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 07:29:22 PM »
i had about a 3.4/165 LSAT. I worked at the New York DA's office for 2 years and interned @ a Federal Public Defender's office.
I just wrote two letters of interest-one when I was waitlisted in February and another two weeks ago.
Hope that helps guys.

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 10:11:09 AM »
Any new news out there?

Smyles

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 03:55:46 AM »
 I got a letter saying I was on the LEOP waitlist for Hastings. Is that the standard wait list letter? Or did they actually like my LEOP statement?. Need all the help I can get.    3.82/156 

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 05:18:38 AM »
WHAT ???
it's coming...

zankoku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 04:02:47 PM »
Well, I applied to the LEOP (Legal Education Opportunity Program) because Hastings sent LEOP information along with their application package and suggested I apply.  I applied to the program figuring it couldn't hurt, but I was accepted by Hastings without inclusion in the LEOP program.  I'm guessing that I might not have qualified as having come from a nontraditional background and they're leaving LEOP seats for more nontraditional students.  In all the literature I've read about the LEOP, it seems that Hastings accepts a certain percentage (in the order of 20%, iirc) of their class through the LEOP.  If that's the case, it seems a LEOP waitlist will waitlist you for that certain percentage who are granted admission into Hastings through LEOP every year.  I don't think it's a standard waitlist letter (it might be a different waitlist than the regular waitlist for non-LEOP students), but it is still a waitlist letter for UC Hastings albeit, you have to take part in the LEOP if you do get accepted.

Of course, this is just my take on it.  To be sure, I'd suggest Smyles contact the LEOP office.

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 05:46:32 AM »
Uc davis just sent out an email to their top choices off of the wait list, has Hastings or any other uc done this?
it's coming...