Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: From Art School to Law School  (Read 2230 times)

Katya285

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
From Art School to Law School
« on: June 30, 2002, 11:16:30 AM »
I will be attending the Academy of Art College in San Francisco this fall, majoring in graphic design. I would like to go to law school upon graduation, but was wondering how difficult that would be, since I am majoring in graphic design, not pre-law, English, history, etc. Is it going to be difficult to get into law school w/ a creative arta background? Or will that be looked upon as "well-rounded"? I'm kinda freakin out b/c my friends are saying that if I know that I want to go into law, I should pursue a more "practical" major for my bachelor's. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Sarah

Re: From Art School to Law School
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 01:04:22 PM »
I really don't know if it is harder to get into law school with art degree, i guess i will find out soon too. I recieved my undergraduate degree in Humanities with focus in graphic design and now i plan to go to law school. I have always ejoyed art but like law too, i was going to major in law but some how was persuaded by counsleors and taking career test to go into art. I regret it now, but believe it doesn't matter as long as you have a decent GPA and do well on the LSAT..good luck :D

salshortt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 01:59:24 PM »
The law schools that I've looked at boast of a variety of backgrounds and undergrad degrees among their students.  Seems to me you would do well to do something you have a passion for rather than forcing yourself into some poli sci mold or something like that!  Do well at your art, and it you still want law, it will be there waiting for you!  God bless!

Teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 03:31:17 PM »
I think your ba major should reflect the field of law that you are contemplating. The area that you will be hurt most, by pursuing this degree, in regards to law school is the general lack of research and writing skills in this discipline.
Good luck!!