Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pepperding  (Read 1138 times)

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
Pepperding
« on: February 19, 2005, 04:52:19 PM »
Oh well, I guess you can't win 'em all. I made my case to them and they decided in the negative.

Guess I no longer have an investment in Malibu being paradise. That place can go to hell now.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pepperding
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 07:09:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear! Where are you still pending?

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 07:29:42 PM »
When did you apply and what are your numbers?
Uconn Law 1L.

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 09:48:33 PM »
I'm still pending at Univ. of Denver, at Seton Hall (part-time) and Rutgers (part-time). But, at this rate, I'm reduced to praying for a miracle.

Oh, yeah and my numbers:

2.77 and 150

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 01:53:54 AM »
What about trying some other schools as a last ditch effort? Anywhere else that you'd be willing to check out? Are you considering reapplying next year?

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 03:33:20 AM »

i see this ding as more of a blessing than anything--you don't want to go to pepperdine anyway, even in my mom's days, she was like yeah "we advised people against going there."

so no worries, and who want's ken starr as your dean!  ::shivers::

you're going to have a great life, so no sweat dude!

:-*
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 03:59:58 AM »
What about trying some other schools as a last ditch effort? Anywhere else that you'd be willing to check out? Are you considering reapplying next year?

I would say that I've put my best foot forward- at least in terms of writing my personal statement, studying for the LSAT (pretty pathetic result, I know) and taking the time and energy to achieve something in this arena. If when the dust settles, I am dissatisfied with the overall outcome, I won't do this again. Enough time and effort has been invested, and if I don't like it in the end, I will move on.

And by the way, I appreciate everyone'se moral support. Your consoling words mean more than you know.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 04:07:29 AM »
I understand how you feel. I'd never want to go through this again. Especially the LSAT. I put in a lot of time on the LSAT and got surprisingly bad results. It's tough to know that you've tried so hard, but things just don't seem to be turning out--yet. They'll look up, really. BTW William Mitchell's a good school. I have a friend who lives in the area and a couple of the in-house counsel are from William-Mitchell. They say good things about the school and, apparently, the alums are very dedicated.

grkdud

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 10:46:02 AM »
Sorry to hear the news...I was recently placed on their waitlist so I share some of your pain.  Good luck on the rest of your apps :)

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 08:16:32 PM »
Sorry to hear the news.

I'd love to attend Pepperdine.  I like the Christian focus, while also being located in Malibu, CA.  Great combination!