Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Getting worried, any predictions?  (Read 329 times)

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Getting worried, any predictions?
« on: February 19, 2005, 05:23:09 AM »
I'm starting to get worried, my huge LSAT split, I feel, has been the factor looming in the background and hurting substantially the strength of my applications. However I always had this feeling that even with the split, scoring a 166 with a 3.6 GPA from an Ivy would at least enable me to get into a top 30 school. This feeling seems to have been misguided. As the rejections, waitlist notifications and deferrals seem to be pouring in from the schools I thought I had competitive shots at: i.e. Cardozo, George Mason, Boston College, Fordham.

I'm curious, from experience, what you guys think my chances might be at getting into the remaining schools I'm still waiting to hear from. I'd love some predictions.
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Getting worried, any predictions?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 10:18:36 AM »
First of all, buck up. You have exceptional scores and will get into law school.

Secondly, what the hell are you talking about? Where's the split? Your LSAT is high and your GPA is high. There's no split there.

And lastly, predictions are dangerous in this game. Patience is the antidote. Take a deep breath, find some distractions, and wait it out.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 10:21:42 AM »
Oh, wait. You meant the split BETWEEN your LSAT scores. Sorry. Still, I doubt that's very significant. If anything it shows that you weren't willing to sit on a 156. Instead, you busted your ass to take a gruelling, absurd test TWICE. And it paid off.

carlsonjd

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »
Ithink you have a good shot at one or more of your remaining schools (discounting the the top 30 schools).  And if you don't?  Well, you've gotten into some pretty good schools already; I say look at what you have and stop worrying about that which you have no control over anymore.  Good luck.

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 01:28:55 PM »
I'm starting to get worried, my huge LSAT split, I feel, has been the factor looming in the background and hurting substantially the strength of my applications. However I always had this feeling that even with the split, scoring a 166 with a 3.6 GPA from an Ivy would at least enable me to get into a top 30 school. This feeling seems to have been misguided. As the rejections, waitlist notifications and deferrals seem to be pouring in from the schools I thought I had competitive shots at: i.e. Cardozo, George Mason, Boston College, Fordham.

I'm curious, from experience, what you guys think my chances might be at getting into the remaining schools I'm still waiting to hear from. I'd love some predictions.

my friend also got rejected last yr from GMU w/ a 161 lsat, but she got into American =)

I think a lot of schools avg unfortunately =(

I would consider sending additional materials to dreams schools you have still pending. I'm thinking of doing that for two of mine (NYU & Columbia)