Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case and Cleveland? Pros and Cons  (Read 494 times)

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Case and Cleveland? Pros and Cons
« on: February 18, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »
I've been accepted at Case Western and have heard nothing but good things about the school.  However, I don't know much about Cleveland. I read a report published by the mayor in 2003 and she mentioned that some people refer to Cleveland as "The mistake by the Lake."

Is Cleveland a really crappy place to live?

T-Money

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Case and Cleveland? Pros and Cons
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:06:24 PM »
Don't listen to all bad hype - Cleveland is a great place!  Granted, it can get cold as balls, but that's my only gripe with the city.  There's a lot to do there, more than people seem to think, a good number of bars and stuff.  It has all the diversions of a big city, but it's big without being overwhelming.  I wouldn't mind living in Cleveland at all.

ilsox7

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:55:51 PM »
I always figured Cleveland sucked until I lived there.  Loved it.  Cheap as hell.  Plenty of bars.  Some great restaurants.  Little Italy is cool.  Great Lakes Brewery Rocks.  Plenty of areas to live in that are all amazingly affordable.

AmericanConsumer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 03:02:32 AM »
cleveland was at one time a real shithole. they've come a long way since the river caught fire... seriously.  when i got into case the first thing i thought was "damn, i don't want to move to cleveland."  but i visted, and it seemed alright, and i moved here, and now i actually love it.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 09:31:09 AM »
Shhhh...

We who live in Ohio don't want the secret to get out.  The song is right:  Cleveland Rocks!

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 09:44:18 AM »
Shhhh...

We who live in Ohio don't want the secret to get out. The song is right: Cleveland Rocks!

Did you apply to Case?

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 12:22:26 PM »
Shhhh...

We who live in Ohio don't want the secret to get out. The song is right: Cleveland Rocks!

Did you apply to Case?

Yes, I did.