Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NESL WL  (Read 1558 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: NESL WL
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 02:51:16 PM »
Hey Shadowcreeper-

This process is so unpredictable sometimes...you might as well fill out the WL form; nothing to lose, right? You must be going crazy with all your WLs!!! At least you know you have Vermont. I am sure there are many more acceptances on the way!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 03:35:27 PM »
shadowcreeper,

what don't you like about NESL that you would go to Vermont over?

Vermont is a T3 school, NESL is a T4. The bar passage rates are higher for Vermont and the starting salaries are also higher for Vermont grads. Vermont is #1 in enviro law, and even though I dont think I want to practice that type of law, I think it helps to make the school more recognized than NESL...so if I wanted to come back to NJ/NY/PA to practice, I think it would be easier to do so with a degree from Vermont than one from NESL. Just my opinion though.

Hey Shadowcreeper-

This process is so unpredictable sometimes...you might as well fill out the WL form; nothing to lose, right? You must be going crazy with all your WLs!!! At least you know you have Vermont. I am sure there are many more acceptances on the way!!

Hey legalkitty...I am going crazy over the WL considering my top 2 schools have me waitlisted. What can I do though. Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I get something solid from Albany, Suffolk, or Syracuse.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 03:39:11 PM »
Why don't you like NESL?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 04:00:36 PM »
Why don't you like NESL?

It is not that I dont like the NESL. I would not have applied to it if I did not consider it. I was just accepted to a better school.

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 08:11:46 PM »
better how?  in the USNW ratings?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 08:33:57 PM »
I think I already answered that, but I am not sure. If you are looking for something other than below, let me know and I will try to answer your question in a better way. I am copying and pasting my response from above because I think you might have just missed it. This is why I think Vermont is better than NESL:

Vermont is a T3 school, NESL is a T4. The bar passage rates are higher for Vermont and the starting salaries are also higher for Vermont grads. Vermont is #1 in enviro law, and even though I dont think I want to practice that type of law, I think it helps to make the school more recognized than NESL...so if I wanted to come back to NJ/NY/PA to practice, I think it would be easier to do so with a degree from Vermont than one from NESL. Just my opinion though.

clicquot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 09:32:19 PM »
I am currently a 1LE at NESL. Last year, I was waitlisted at 3 Boston law schools: Northeastern, Suffolk, and NESL. At the time, I considered NESL my "safety" school. I was on the waitlist of all 3 schools into the summer. Finally, in late June, NESL called me and offered me a slot in their evening program. I felt like I had no choice but to accept. Overall, I have been very happy with my decision. I am transferring into the day program in fall and will graduate at the same time that I would have had I been accepted into the day program from the start. I do know that last year, Suffolk only pulled a few people off their waitlist, NESL only pulled a few people into their evening program and Northeastern was overenrolled with 300 people on their waitlist. No one to my knowledge was pulled off of Northeasterns list.
     After I was waitlisted at NESL, I sent them 2 more letters of intent, a bound copy of my senior thesis and an additional recommendation. My first day of class, the NESL dean announced that the current class of 2007 is the most qualified class that NESL has ever had. Go figure!

Hope this info. helps!
No one likes a cry baby!

MOTTSIE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 09:46:59 PM »
I am currently a 1LE at NESL. Last year, I was waitlisted at 3 Boston law schools: Northeastern, Suffolk, and NESL. At the time, I considered NESL my "safety" school. I was on the waitlist of all 3 schools into the summer. Finally, in late June, NESL called me and offered me a slot in their evening program. I felt like I had no choice but to accept. Overall, I have been very happy with my decision. I am transferring into the day program in fall and will graduate at the same time that I would have had I been accepted into the day program from the start. I do know that last year, Suffolk only pulled a few people off their waitlist, NESL only pulled a few people into their evening program and Northeastern was overenrolled with 300 people on their waitlist. No one to my knowledge was pulled off of Northeasterns list.
     After I was waitlisted at NESL, I sent them 2 more letters of intent, a bound copy of my senior thesis and an additional recommendation. My first day of class, the NESL dean announced that the current class of 2007 is the most qualified class that NESL has ever had. Go figure!

Hope this info. helps!

Thanks for the info...helps a lot. Do you know by chance any numbers on people admitted into NESL off of the waitlist last year...maybe like 20-30 people???
When you sent NESL letters of intent-What really did you say? Would help me out?
Was your Senior thesis big...i.e. How many pages? For your LOR-Was it a prof. or employer? I look forward to your reply.

Again,thanks for nay info.

trayd79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 02:57:48 PM »
Shadowcreeper-

I think I would take Boston over Vermont, many more opportunities.  Then again, I'm more of a city girl.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 07:05:35 PM »
I am in the AAMPLE program at Albany, so I am doing that as of now. I am also a city girl, so Vermont really scared me. I thought it would be easier to move a degree from Vermont because of its enviro law program than it would be to move a degree from NESL. Who knows though. I am honestly still hoping my WL at Hofstra or Pace comes through.