Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stetson Financial Aid  (Read 422 times)

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
Stetson Financial Aid
« on: February 18, 2005, 01:59:07 PM »
Got my acceptance at Stetson on Monday, but there was nothing about financial aid, so I just got off the phone with them.

They told me the aid letters go out in batches separate from the acceptance letters and the majority have already been sent.  For merit scholarships, they look at LSAT and UGPA and then the rest of your packet. 

Full-ride above 160, but there were some around 158.

I got my app in late and just did my FAFSA today, so hopefully I kight luck out.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stetson Financial Aid
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 10:45:21 PM »
I got my acceptance on Monday too.  I guess we both had a happy v-day.  I am glad to see what you wrote about scholorship $$$.  I really like stetson but cant afford it.  Post if you get money.  Thanks again for the helpful info! ;D ;D
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 01:02:33 AM »
My fiancee has been talking me into Stetson from the start.  So I put the acceptance letter in her V-day card.  I think it made up for the crappy gift I got her.

No letter today when I got home, but I also just did my FAFSA today and found my EFC to be $0!!!  Hopefully it is like Monster Garage...."Freebie"

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 04:18:40 PM »
My girlfriend hates the fact that I am even going to law school.  Tampa is only 3 hrs away from us but she wants me in FSU, and I cant say I feel differently.  When I told her about stetson on V-day, her first question was "where is that?" and my answer was followed by a moment of awkward silence.  What is EFC? 

PS  As a certifiable redneck, i find monster garage a guilty pleasure.  It reminds me of my high school days...ahh the south.
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 09:58:09 AM »
EFC = Expected Family Contribution

After some magic formula, the FAFSA tells you how much you should chip in towards your own education I guess.