« on: February 18, 2005, 09:48:25 AM »
Wanted to start a thread on scholarship at miami

3.54/165 = $18k

anybody else?

ahoipkem

Re: $$$ at Miami
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 11:01:42 AM »
3.15/164= $18K Dean's Scholarship.

3 weeks sounds about right for when I was notified. Maybe a bit longer. Oh, I also received an email notifying me that I was going to receive a scholarship in the mail.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 11:18:33 AM »
3.22/162 - 16K /year. 3 weeks after I was accepted in Dec.

Do you guys have a GPA requirement with yours. I have to maintain a B average. Just wondering how hard that is to maintain that at Miami?

evil_betty

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 12:55:02 PM »
anybody else????

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 05:08:45 PM »
not yet, but hopefully they will give me some $$$

racheles05

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 05:54:33 PM »
I was told today that Miami has depleted its scholarship funds and no need-based grants are available.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 09:04:14 AM »
I haven't officially recieved anything from Miami yet, but I am told I am a finalist for the Reid/ Mentschikoff scholarships. They're flying me down next week for the interview. I was really surprised, as my numbers are not very impressive. Now I'm a bit worried. I was hoping that if I didn't get the Reid/Mentschikoff I could still be in the running for a Dean's scholarship. But if they've already depleted the money for merit based aid... I hope it works out for all of us. Miami is such a good, and underrated, school but it's also more than a bit expensive.

evil_betty

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 06:54:04 PM »
I haven't officially recieved anything from Miami yet, but I am told I am a finalist for the Reid/ Mentschikoff scholarships. They're flying me down next week for the interview. I was really surprised, as my numbers are not very impressive. Now I'm a bit worried. I was hoping that if I didn't get the Reid/Mentschikoff I could still be in the running for a Dean's scholarship. But if they've already depleted the money for merit based aid... I hope it works out for all of us. Miami is such a good, and underrated, school but it's also more than a bit expensive.

Do you mind sharing your numbers? are you a URM?

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 10:00:50 AM »
I just want to make sure - we don't have to accept the scholarships until April 1, right. I haven't mailed anything in yet, because I'm still waiting to hear from other schools.

evil_betty

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 02:23:34 PM »
I just want to make sure - we don't have to accept the scholarships until April 1, right. I haven't mailed anything in yet, because I'm still waiting to hear from other schools.

yea, you're fine till April 1