Law School Discussion

3 dings in 1 day...

Re: 3 dings in 1 day...
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »
I was expecting that today, but alas, another weekend will be ruined by not knowing where I'm going to be in 6 months. Good for you for getting them out of the way!

Vermont is still a good school and the point is to GO to law school. You'll be fine, Shadow. Acceptance February's not over yet--and I hear that really only applies to the top 50, so who cares? Let the acceptances come in March even!

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 07:56:58 AM »
Thanks all, and thanks Scurvy. I am still pending at 13 schools, so I am sure I will get another few acceptances out of the mix. And, surely I will get a few more rejections from the mix. In the end it all builds character and it will make getting there all the more sweeter.:)

legalkitty

• The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 08:03:42 AM »
Thanks all, and thanks Scurvy. I am still pending at 13 schools, so I am sure I will get another few acceptances out of the mix. And, surely I will get a few more rejections from the mix. In the end it all builds character and it will make getting there all the more sweeter.:)

Sorry, Shadowcreeper. They are missing out!! If you got your rejection, I guess mine's on the way! :-\

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 08:11:15 AM »
awww..well look at it this way...when you become a successful attorney...you have 3 more schools to shun and you can say...see you bastards!!! i kick butt. :D im saving all my rejection letters so i can do the same..hehe
Keep your head up...its not over and you have amazing credentials that committees are bound to be impressed with

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 01:04:15 PM »
I went all week without mail, and today I got 3 dings in one day. U Maryland, American, and Rutgers. I expected all three, but I was kind of hopeful about Rutgers because they are supposed to go through a detailed review. Oh well, just kind of bummed that they all made it here on the same day. Would have been nice to have them spaced out a touch.

yeah, at least you know you're going to LS this year.  think about the positives now...you're going to LS...yay!!!!  everything happens for a reason.  and yeah, it's like ripping off a bandaid--good to get them all that bad news at once instead of getting them on separate days ruining each day that you received one.

best of wishes to you shadowcreeper & if you haven't visited that school that accepted you yet, you should--soon.

perversely me

cheers, it's okay....

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 05:57:20 PM »
don't feel bad shadow....i don't think anyone can feel as crappy as me since I just got dinged from my top 2 choices in the same day...syracuse and new england....at least you have an acceptance under your belt cuz i sure as hell don't and this is my second year applying and dealing wit all this bs...if i can keep my head up then you can too!  Good luck!!  ;)

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 11:41:23 AM »
Happened to me last year--I'm on my second admin cycle this year. All I can say is good luck and on days like that, head for the bar.