Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3 dings in 1 day...  (Read 2628 times)

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3 dings in 1 day...
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
I was expecting that today, but alas, another weekend will be ruined by not knowing where I'm going to be in 6 months. Good for you for getting them out of the way!

Vermont is still a good school and the point is to GO to law school. You'll be fine, Shadow. Acceptance February's not over yet--and I hear that really only applies to the top 50, so who cares? Let the acceptances come in March even!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 09:56:58 AM »
Thanks all, and thanks Scurvy. I am still pending at 13 schools, so I am sure I will get another few acceptances out of the mix. And, surely I will get a few more rejections from the mix. In the end it all builds character and it will make getting there all the more sweeter.:)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 10:03:42 AM »
Thanks all, and thanks Scurvy. I am still pending at 13 schools, so I am sure I will get another few acceptances out of the mix. And, surely I will get a few more rejections from the mix. In the end it all builds character and it will make getting there all the more sweeter.:)

Sorry, Shadowcreeper. They are missing out!! If you got your rejection, I guess mine's on the way! :-\
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

c/o2008chick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 10:11:15 AM »
awww..well look at it this way...when you become a successful attorney...you have 3 more schools to shun and you can say...see you bastards!!! i kick butt. :D im saving all my rejection letters so i can do the same..hehe
Keep your head up...its not over and you have amazing credentials that committees are bound to be impressed with
Fairfield U. B.A. Sociology, American Studies
graduating this May! attending seton hall this summer for leo..and hopefully matriculating in the fall!

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »
I went all week without mail, and today I got 3 dings in one day. U Maryland, American, and Rutgers. I expected all three, but I was kind of hopeful about Rutgers because they are supposed to go through a detailed review. Oh well, just kind of bummed that they all made it here on the same day. Would have been nice to have them spaced out a touch.

yeah, at least you know you're going to LS this year.  think about the positives now...you're going to LS...yay!!!!  everything happens for a reason.  and yeah, it's like ripping off a bandaid--good to get them all that bad news at once instead of getting them on separate days ruining each day that you received one.

best of wishes to you shadowcreeper & if you haven't visited that school that accepted you yet, you should--soon.

perversely me

cheers, it's okay....

laurlaur37

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 07:57:20 PM »
don't feel bad shadow....i don't think anyone can feel as crappy as me since I just got dinged from my top 2 choices in the same day...syracuse and new england....at least you have an acceptance under your belt cuz i sure as hell don't and this is my second year applying and dealing wit all this bs...if i can keep my head up then you can too!  Good luck!!  ;)

johnnycochrane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 01:41:23 PM »
Happened to me last year--I'm on my second admin cycle this year. All I can say is good luck and on days like that, head for the bar.