Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ding at U of Washington  (Read 1208 times)

Jackson Smith

• View Profile
Ding at U of Washington
« on: February 17, 2005, 03:23:01 PM »
160/3.5, WA resident.

I feel like I deserve to go to law school there. They're the only public law school in the state too. Bummer.
3.5/160
In: UK($$), UArkansas($$), UPitt, UAkron($$)
Out: UDub, ND
Pending: Too many to list

LordofLight

Re: Ding at U of Washington
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 03:36:23 PM »
Very sorry to hear it, Jackson. I've made the same point myself, that people in Washington are screwed because the only state school is so competitive. Most if not all of the other states with very competitive public schools at least have less competitive public alternatives. Good luck with your other applications. With your numbers you will get in somewhere good.

Jackson Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 03:38:59 PM »
Very sorry to hear it, Jackson. I've made the same point myself, that people in Washington are screwed because the only state school is so competitive. Most if not all of the other states with very competitive public schools at least have less competitive public alternatives. Good luck with your other applications. With your numbers you will get in somewhere good.

I appreciate the comment. The only alternative to UW is Seattle U, but it is a significant drop off. Places like CA, TX, VA etc really have it made, as they each have several quality schools.
3.5/160

LordofLight

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 03:42:17 PM »
Seattle U is only a drop in rankings, and ranking are bull. It's a great school, in many ways equal to UW and certainly a friendlier and definitely less pompous school. UW is significantly cheaper tho...

When was your letter dated Jackson? If it was yesterday, I ain't going to get the mail today.

Jackson Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 03:48:04 PM »
Seattle U is only a drop in rankings, and ranking are bull. It's a great school, in many ways equal to UW and certainly a friendlier and definitely less pompous school. UW is significantly cheaper tho...

When was your letter dated Jackson? If it was yesterday, I ain't going to get the mail today.

Seattle is a solid school, no doubt. It's a good place to go if you plan on staying here. And yes, they are significantly more expensive (but with your numbers you should get some $$$). UW is pretty rotten in that they have such a small class size. I mean, where are all the WA students supposed to go?? The postage was dated 2/16, the actual letter 2/14.

P.s. I'll probably end up going to UK anyway (merit $$). I'm not too crushed.
3.5/160

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 02:01:26 AM »
160/3.5, WA resident.

I feel like I deserve to go to law school there. They're the only public law school in the state too. Bummer.

ding here with 164/3.42 from ucla. totally bummed. i was expecting an admit, too. i heard the school was harder to get into for out of state, but they kind of deny that that is true.

i am thinking it is true though. the vast majority of rejects right now on LSN are all out of state. they should warn you about these these so you can hedge your bets properly!

k. all done.  ;D

GoHuskies05

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 10:31:53 AM »

ding here with 164/3.42 from ucla. totally bummed. i was expecting an admit, too. i heard the school was harder to get into for out of state, but they kind of deny that that is true.

i am thinking it is true though. the vast majority of rejects right now on LSN are all out of state. they should warn you about these these so you can hedge your bets properly!

k. all done.  ;D

I'm sorry about your denial, but in the future don't listen to anything the admissions offices have to say - that goes for any school.  Last year I heard the medians for out-of-staters were 3.6/167.  You'll probably get into better schools than the U (although I personally don't think there are any better schools), but the U was a reach as you're out of state.  Sorry.

ant

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 10:37:47 AM »
condolences on the above rejections, brutal and unfair. uw's admission policies are very 'unique' ???

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 07:45:02 PM »
Jackson, your numbers look an awful lot like mine... I'm out-of-state and also got rejected yesterday.  Hope that makes you feel just a tad better.

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 08:05:19 PM »
Hey all! I just got a major ding at U Washington. What??? 166/ 3.6 w/ 3.8 in major. I'm out of state, but they are kinda nuts. I'm kind of tempted to e-mail them after may one and say pooo I got into a way better law school....so I wouldn't have bothered anyways. What gives? I would have been happy to attend there...its kinda weird to be bummed about this but I sure am.